• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "What happened to "Today's Posts"?"

Collapse

• BrowneIssue
    replied
    With the Java add-in enabled, it works again and Quick Links goes back to being a sub-menu:

Quick Links
    Today's Posts
    Mark Forums Read
    Open Buddy List
    User Control Panel
    Edit Signature
    Edit Profile
    Edit Options
    Miscellaneous
    Private Messages
    Subscribed Threads
    My Profile
    Who's Online
    So the menus must take advantage of Java.
    Last edited by BrowneIssue; 12 May 2009, 06:09. Reason: Checked my facts; ShockWave was still disabled.

Leave a comment:

• PRC1964
    replied
    I'd never noticed that before.

It's quite handy for a catchup service.

Oh, and it works for me in FF 3.0.10/WinXP

Leave a comment:

• BrowneIssue
    replied
    Harrumph.

When not logged in, it is there as a menu option (but doesn;t work nicely 'cos it doesn't know who you are).

When logged in, while I am posting this, my menu says:

User CP FAQ Members List Calendar New Posts Search Quick Links Log Out
    The 'list of recent posts menu says:

The page showing the five fora says:

In all three cases, clicking on 'Quick Links' now changes the menu to:

User CP FAQ Members List Calendar Search New Posts Mark Forums Read Open Buddy List Log Out
    whereas previously it pulled down a sub-menu which included "Today's posts".

Firefox v3.0.10 on Windows XP.

Firefox v2.0.0.20 on Windows ME works as before, ie has a "Today's Posts" sub-menu option.

Internet Exploder v8 on the same WIndows XP box also works as before, ie has a "Today's Posts" sub-menu option.

Might it be because I have all the Firefox plug-ins disabled? Such as Java and Shockwave?

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Yep, I can see it too.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    I can still see it, and it appears to work - this is using Firefox 3.1 Beta 3 on Windows XP (ClientOrg machine, obviously).

Leave a comment:

• BrowneIssue
    started a topic What happened to "Today's Posts"?

What happened to "Today's Posts"?

What happened to "Today's Posts"?

There was a menu option under "Quick Links" entitled "Today's Posts". It was more useful than "New posts".

"New posts" only gives new posts since you were auto-logged out. It does not include posts between your last activity and being logged out.

"Today's Posts" had those extra few as the top entries under the "The threads below have not been updated since your last visit or since forums have been marked read" divider.

Now clicking on "Quick Links" just gives two more options: "Mark Forums Read" and "Open Buddy List"

This was the URL: http://forums.contractoruk.com/search.php?do=getdaily

Working...
X