• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Will test for coffee and free lunch"

Collapse

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Rookie View Post
    Surely not anything, Mitch? Would you not draw the line somewhere?
    Everyone must draw his own line. I know where I draw mine, but I don’t know where he draws his.

Leave a comment:

• Rookie
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Do anything for coffee or free lunch EXCEPT your profession. Do not lower yourself to doing professional work for a pittance.
    Surely not anything, Mitch? Would you not draw the line somewhere?

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Do anything for coffee or free lunch EXCEPT your profession. Do not lower yourself to doing professional work for a pittance.

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
    My problem is demotivation. I am sat at home trying to go through old notes to dig out names and contact details of people I've worked with in the past. It is real slow work and soooo easy to get distracted. Like writing this post.

Tell me about it. I plan on trawling ebay this week to find the cheapest decent PC setup I can find, then use it to teach myself Selenium and Quick Test Pro. Should keep me occupied for a while and give me an excuse to put some more keywords on the CV

Leave a comment:

• KentPhilip
    replied
    My problem is demotivation. I am sat at home trying to go through old notes to dig out names and contact details of people I've worked with in the past. It is real slow work and soooo easy to get distracted. Like writing this post.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Is this test followed by rigorous toilet testing?
    Yes

Leave a comment:

• Rookie
    replied
    Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    Depends on the level of 'stress testing' you are prepared to do. I generally find the guinness wins but results can vary per individual
    Is this test followed by rigorous toilet testing?

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
    This test intrigues me. Does it have the gruesome outcome I'm expecting?
    Depends on the level of 'stress testing' you are prepared to do. I generally find the guinness wins but results can vary per individual

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    Go down to the pub and do the Guinness vs Curry test
    This test intrigues me. Does it have the gruesome outcome I'm expecting?

Get yourself outside and enjoy the sunshine.

Been on the bench for long?
    Coming up on 3 months, hardly a sniff of anything

Leave a comment:

• tino
    replied
    Anything to get me out of the house...
    will you table dance for my entertainment?

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    I've already tested the coffee. It tastes like silage smells.

I've also tested the free lunch. It fails, either on the free or the lunch criteria. Strangely, either condition can exist on it's own...

Leave a comment:

• Rookie
    replied
    Get yourself outside and enjoy the sunshine.

Been on the bench for long?

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Go down to the pub and do the Guinness vs Curry test

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    started a topic Will test for coffee and free lunch

Will test for coffee and free lunch