• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on ""...£4.47 for dog food""

Collapse

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
    Provided the £4.47 for dog food was part of the MP's daily food allowance, I personally don't see a problem. It's cheaper than a meal at a fancy restaurant with a bottle of plonk.
    Or for David Blunkett's guide dog - That poor long-suffering mutt deserves only the best steak every day for having to put up with the tosser every waking hour.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    It's poor form to laugh at your own jokes.

I am an agent remember

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    That Hazel Blears gets me, claiming expenses on a second home, then selling it as a main residence to "avoid" CGT. Evade more like. I've a mind to report her to the Met. Police.
    Luton MP Margaret Moran put her name on the documents for her partner's house in Southampton, then nominated it as her "second home" and within days spent £22500 of our money on doing it up. It was "within the rules".

She is MP for Luton South, and by chance happens to live in the same street as Luton North MP Kelvin Hopkins. Over the past 5 years, Mr Hopkins claimed £8,894 in second home allowance; Luton South MP Margaret Moran claimed £87,206 in the same period.

Ed Miliband said that MPs have lost public confidence. No, Mr Miliband: we are furious, and we want blood. Yours.
    Last edited by expat; 11 May 2009, 10:23.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by thelace View Post
    Saw Hazel Blears on the news this morning in her Biker Leathers...

Was enough to put me off food for a year

I've a good mind to report her to the Met for that alone
    How can the protection services protect a MP if they insist on riding motorbikes?....

Leave a comment:

• BrowneIssue
    replied
    Why?

Leave a comment:

• thelace
    replied
    That Hazel Blears gets me, claiming expenses on a second home, then selling it as a main residence to "avoid" CGT. Evade more like. I've a mind to report her to the Met. Police.
    Saw Hazel Blears on the news this morning in her Biker Leathers...

Was enough to put me off food for a year

I've a good mind to report her to the Met for that alone

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    half a mind

Leave a comment:

• Menelaus
    replied
    Or Barbara Follett, spending £25,000 of my money on a security guard for herself?

WTF? Is the Met insufficient for you, you blithering idiot? We who live in London have to put up with the Met for all its cock ups and inadequacies and if you're not prepared to have the same levels of public service as the rest of us, you can feck off.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied

half a mind

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    Provided the £4.47 for dog food was part of the MP's daily food allowance, I personally don't see a problem. It's cheaper than a meal at a fancy restaurant with a bottle of plonk.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    started a topic "...£4.47 for dog food"

"...£4.47 for dog food"

Well, who'd've thunk that the Tories were also milking the expenses system

Luckily it turns out to have been a mistake and the money will be repaid (although I assume that the paperwork involved in the original claim and the repaying thereof will be more than the sum involved)

A brief note to all those who think that things will be better under the Tories: Caveat Voter.

Or, as the Sixties slogan had it: Whoever you vote for, the Government always gets in

Working...
X