• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Working a room

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Working a room"

Collapse

• BrowneIssue
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    ************STOP PRESS***********

From Reuters

'A man with a UK passport has been arrested and released without charge by the Porugese authorities.stop. The man was held at the arrivals lounge by immigration officials and handed to the police. 'At first we thought his passport photo was a joke made on photoshop, but when he took the bag off his head, one of the trainee immigration girls had a seizure, her supervisor threw up and the sniffer dog gnawed his own tail right off' - said the chief Signor Quasi M Odo. stop
    'That gringo, he fell out of ze ugly tree and heet every branch on ze way down' - Cyrano de Backpacker. stop

The man, a recruitment consultant from London, is quoted as saying 'ok, so I aint no picture postcard, but do you have a couple of references for me'

stop

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    ************STOP PRESS***********

From Reuters

'A man with a UK passport has been arrested and released without charge by the Porugese authorities.stop. The man was held at the arrivals lounge by immigration officials and handed to the police. 'At first we thought his passport photo was a joke made on photoshop, but when he took the bag off his head, one of the trainee immigration girls had a seizure, her supervisor threw up and the sniffer dog gnawed his own tail right off' - said the chief Signor Quasi M Odo. stop
    'That gringo, he fell out of ze ugly tree and heet every branch on ze way down' - Cyrano de Backpacker. stop

The man, a recruitment consultant from London, is quoted as saying 'ok, so I aint no picture postcard, but do you have a couple of references for me'

stop

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    I'll hide behind Churchill then
    You're no f**king adonis yerself!

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Try to avoid it for a while, the plod are looking for someone extremely ugly

I'll hide behind Churchill then

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    Yes. What are trying to say?
    Try to avoid it for a while, the plod are looking for someone extremely ugly

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by expat View Post
    Dodgy, are you sure you're an agent?

(and yes, that was the compliment of the week)
    You wouldn't think so to meet him!

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by expat View Post
    Dodgy, are you sure you're an agent?

(and yes, that was the compliment of the week)

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Dodgy have you ever been to Portugal ?
    Yes. What are trying to say?

Leave a comment:

• Drewster
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    The accepted method hereabouts to restate someone's response for humourous effect, is to use

I correct your word "corrected" to .

Quite simple really.
    Thank you for the explanation. I stand

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    The accepted method hereabouts to restate someone's response for humourous effect, is to use

I correct your word "corrected" to .

Quite simple really.

Leave a comment:

• Drewster
    replied
    Sorry - you've lost me there!

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Dodgy have you ever been to Portugal ?

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by Drewster View Post
    Corrected:
    I work the room at social functions, I hold trays of canapes.

Leave a comment:

• Drewster
    replied
    I don't work the room at social functions, I hold court.
    Corrected:
    I work the room at social functions, I hold trays of canapes.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    I don't work the room at social functions, I hold court.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X