• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Catholics and birth control"

Collapse

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by FSM with Cheddar View Post
    Only the other day I was sowing my seeds and spilt some on the desert. Should I self flagellate?
    Only if you enjoy it.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by BrollyBonce View Post
    ... whereas Islam teaches love...

Leave a comment:

• FSM with Cheddar
    replied
    Only the other day I was sowing my seeds and spilt some on the desert. Should I self flagellate?

Leave a comment:

• BrowneIssue
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Has any nun ever fathered a child?

There was some bint called Mary that did something equally unlikely...

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
    The Mythical Man Month.

Four wives impregnated by one man produce babies at the same rate as four wives being impregnated by four men.

I don't think that would increase the population. You still have the same number of breeding females making babies (but only ¼ of the males trying to make them).

Do you do your economics this way? You should go into banking.

As per BrollyBonce above, it would only be by the replacement or substitution of infertile partners with fertile ones that an increase would occur.

... but there are more breeding females in muslim populations than other populations due to the way that female self-esteem is suppressed. In the west, women are better educated and tend to be more self-reliant and independent and many do not have kids. In Afghanistan for example, women are not allowed to go to school by the Taliban and suffer extreme violence if they try.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    You've not seen 'Nuns on the Run' have you?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by BrollyBonce View Post
    Because Catholic nuns cannot be seen to father children.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
    The Mythical Man Month.

Four wives impregnated by one man produce babies at the same rate as four wives being impregnated by four men.

I don't think that would increase the population. You still have the same number of breeding females making babies (but only ¼ of the males trying to make them).

As per BrollyBonce above, it would only be by the replacement or substitution of infertile partners with fertile ones that an increase would occur.
    Yes but the mossers tend to start em' younger.

Leave a comment:

• BrowneIssue
    replied
    Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
    Perhaps because polygamy exists for muslims and therefore a guy with four wives is going to have rather more kids than a guy with one wife.
    The Mythical Man Month.

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    So come on, believers, why aren’t there more catholics than muslims? Have you all been ignoring the Papal Bull?
    Perhaps because polygamy exists for muslims and therefore a guy with four wives is going to have rather more kids than a guy with one wife.

Leave a comment:

• PM-Junkie
    replied
    So come on, believers, why aren’t there more catholics than muslims? Have you all been ignoring the Papal Bull?
    Its a breakdown of the hokey cokey method of catholic birth control. Instead or putting it in they've been shaking it all about

Leave a comment:

• BrollyBonce
    replied
    Originally posted by Incognito View Post
    Oh oh, don't get started on this topic you'll have the raving bigot out in a minute. Mind you, now I've posted on this thread he won't be long behind me.

Because Catholic nuns cannot be seen to father children, which reduces the breeding population of Catholics. Because Catholic priests are not supposed to reproduce (so make do with little boys even more than arabs do) that reduces the breeding population. Because Catholicism teaches guilt whereas Islam teaches love, that delays the early breeding of Catholics without hindering the Moslems. Because Moslem men can have multiple wives, the sterile ones end up with none and the fertile blokes get their full quota, maximising the breeding rate. And because Moslem men can have multiple wives, if one wife is barren he can still breed.

Is this helping?

What else? Oh yes. Catholic missionaries tend to gain few converts because the Spanish conqistadores had a tendency to wipe out potential converts, and those that were converted were later massacred by USA-funded intervention in South American civil wars in huge numbers. Meanwhile Moslem converts tend not to be subjected to genocide on a continental scale.

Any more? Oh yes. Moslems tend to only quietly drown or bury alive their babies because of short term nationalistic, political pressures. Catholics do it from out-of-wedlock shame.

Next bigot, please?

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
    Have we all heard Marcus Brigstockes Abrahamic faiths rant?
    Yes. Brilliant. 'Muslims, listen up my bearded and veily friends, calm down!'

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    No out of touch old giffer in a museum in Rome can tell me that I shouldn't do something because God wouldn't like it.
    Well done. What a bloody shame that those poor buggers in Africa do believe it and spread AIDS while producing children doomed to die.

But I'm sure God's ok with that.

Leave a comment:

• Menelaus
    replied
    I'm afraid that church determinations on sexual conduct (especially RC - I mean, FFS, why take advice from a celibate?!) is as hypocritical as it is wrong.

Have we all heard Marcus Brigstockes Abrahamic faiths rant?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X