• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The end of Ricky Hatton?"

Collapse

• sasguru
    replied
    Ricky Who?

Leave a comment:

• Incognito
    replied
    Originally posted by Liability View Post
    Because he never fought a great.

When you fight people in UK and EU and then go to the wider world then you get a shock

Hatton is and will always be a one trick pony.

His diet techniques and contest prep was amongst the worst EVER as not only was the body shedding adipose tissue - the muscles had to work around the constant drop and chance of strength via dieting.

If anyone thinks he is a true global champ - you are deluded.
    I think you're being a bit harsh. His only two defeats were against arguably one of the best boxers of this decade in Mayweather and Pac Man who beat De La Hoya (one of the other greats of this decade). I would certainly class those two as great fighters.

He stopped Tszyu and Castillo, those two are certainly very good boxers and in beating those two Hatton deserved his status as one of the best pound for pound fighters of the current crop.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
    My prediction is that he will fight on and his sponsor will be his dads carpet company.

''Land on something soft ar kid!"

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    My prediction is that he will fight on and his sponsor will be his dads carpet company.

''Land on something soft ar kid!"

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied

When you fight people in UK and EU and then go to the wider world then you get a shock

His diet techniques and contest prep was amongst the worst EVER as not only was the body shedding adipose tissue - the muscles had to work around the constant drop and chance of strength via dieting.

Agree totally about the diet and prep. Hatton deluded himself over that.

Don't agree about how not-good he was. Pacquiao would probably still be better, but Hatton was seriously good, like against Costa Tszyu, until the s**t he ate and drank took its toll. Now he could end up like Paul Whitehouse on The Fast Show - "I used to be a contender y'know."

Leave a comment:

• Liability
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    If this is true why was he ranked in the top ten best pound for pound fighters not so long ago? Seems to me he just suffered from being past his best/poor advice.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Being a bit of a boxing fan I can say one thing

Hatton got exposed AGAIN when he was put with a world class fighter

There is nothing more to say.

He is an "ok" fighter who did "ok" when he could get into a scrap but when he was up against talent - he was not even worthy of being called a Great.

Retire Hatton - Stop making yourself look a tit.

And another thing - his dad? Comes out saying the decision is his to retire and we wont say anything? WHAT?!?!? Tell you sodding son to stand down now before he gets carted out in a coffin!

Jeez!
    If this is true why was he ranked in the top ten best pound for pound fighters not so long ago? Seems to me he just suffered from being past his best/poor advice.
    Last edited by Bagpuss; 5 May 2009, 13:46.

Leave a comment:

• lightng
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    He'd be useless if he had to move up to my weight class.
    ... but at 5'6" with a low centre of gravity, he'd make an awsome sumo wrestler at 40 stones

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Hatton was a very good fighter but he didn't look after his body between fights. That brought forward his over-the-hill date.

Leave a comment:

• Liability
    replied
    Being a bit of a boxing fan I can say one thing

Hatton got exposed AGAIN when he was put with a world class fighter

There is nothing more to say.

He is an "ok" fighter who did "ok" when he could get into a scrap but when he was up against talent - he was not even worthy of being called a Great.

Retire Hatton - Stop making yourself look a tit.

And another thing - his dad? Comes out saying the decision is his to retire and we wont say anything? WHAT?!?!? Tell you sodding son to stand down now before he gets carted out in a coffin!

Jeez!

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    He'd be useless if he had to move up to my weight class.

Leave a comment:

• TheRefactornator
    replied
    Originally posted by TheRefactornator View Post
    A Hatton vs gingerjedi would be very good to see and if it happens, I know who all CUK members will be supporting.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Ricky Hatton is a pussy.

<this is an internet forum, no one can touch me mode>

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Torrent here (includes the some of the pre-fight waffle)

http://thebox.bz/download.php/75813/...wm.avi.torrent

Registration required.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    I missed the fight and can't find it on YouTube (I guess they keep removing it, my searches just turn up trailers or post-fight interviews)... anyone able to recommend a safe site to see it streaming?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X