• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Are we now entering a bull market?"

Collapse

• SantaClaus
    replied
    Originally posted by TheRefactornator View Post
    Yes that looks like a professional good one..but I don't have the £50k liquidity to open an account so unfortunately it's a bit high flyer for me.

Day trader forex online brokers with software...low entrance requirements...any more for any more??
    IGIndex, you can start as low as 10p a pip. Their charts are crap though, so I would sign up for a demo account with any broker that offers Metatrader to get a free version of the software. ODL markets and Alpari are brokers that offers that.

Whatever you do, make sure you the broker offers guaranteed stops . I can't stress how important this is if you don't want your shirt unceremoniously ripped off your back. Wihhout it, the market could gap, miss your stoploss and leave you with a loss much bigger than your account balance.
    Last edited by SantaClaus; 2 May 2009, 17:31.

Leave a comment:

• TheRefactornator
    replied
    Originally posted by McFly View Post
    www.interactivebrokers.com
    outstanding broker
    Yes that looks like a professional good one..but I don't have the £50k liquidity to open an account so unfortunately it's a bit high flyer for me.

Day trader forex online brokers with software...low entrance requirements...any more for any more??
    Last edited by TheRefactornator; 2 May 2009, 14:48. Reason: I can't spell

Leave a comment:

• McFly
    replied
    What do you lots use to buy and sell shares / forex etc? Traditional stockbroker and phone or DIY with some connected computer software?
    www.interactivebrokers.com
    outstanding broker

Leave a comment:

• TheRefactornator
    replied
    Originally Posted by Andy2
    I use iii.co.uk.
    They charge £10 for share dealing online
    Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
    For child trust funds, I havent found a more flexible provider than selftrade.
    Its the only broker I know where you can trade the fund online yourself. Some of the other brokers have stupid rules, like you can only buy shares on the 2nd wednesday of each month
    Neither of them look like they provide forex trading and I'm thinking of having a flutter on a day trade forex system. Any suggestions?

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Originally posted by scaramanga View Post

So true, and anybody sitting on a profit at the moment would be well advised to take it. Unfortunately, greed has sucked them in and they will be caught by the next major market collapse which IMO is not far away.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/f...-bankrupt.html

Yes, record personal and business bankrupticies. Boomed!

Leave a comment:

• scaramanga
    replied
    Sell in may and go away.

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Originally posted by SuperZ View Post
    But maybe they`re at that price because investors know that isn`t going to happen.

I didn`t have big enough balls to buy barclays at 50p but looking back on it and the investment the Arabs made (who weren`t likely to invest to lose money), at 50p it was a win-win situation, but who would of expected such a quick turn around in share price?

So Barclays investors know what the future holds. I wish I was clairvoyant also because i would have made a fortune over the years.

Leave a comment:

• SantaClaus
    replied
    Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
    I use iii.co.uk.
    For child trust funds, I havent found a more flexible provider than selftrade.
    Its the only broker I know where you can trade the fund online yourself. Some of the other brokers have stupid rules, like you can only buy shares on the 2nd wednesday of each month

Leave a comment:

• SuperZ
    replied
    Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
    Barclays for example are a crazy price at the moment considering HMG could well own a good percentage of them in a years time.
    But maybe they`re at that price because investors know that isn`t going to happen.

I didn`t have big enough balls to buy barclays at 50p but looking back on it and the investment the Arabs made (who weren`t likely to invest to lose money), at 50p it was a win-win situation, but who would of expected such a quick turn around in share price?

Traditionally stocks start recovery long before the end of a recession. House prices usually collapse 1-2 years after a stock market crash although it`s happened at roughly the same time this time.
    Last edited by SuperZ; 1 May 2009, 10:40.

Leave a comment:

• Andy2
    replied
    What do you lots use to buy and sell shares / forex etc? Traditional stockbroker and phone or DIY with some connected computer software?
    I use iii.co.uk.

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    It is the job of the stock markets to look 18 montrhs ahead. By then we will be boomed : I hope............

But you just cannot look 18 months ahead and ignore the shake-out of companies going bust, unemployment rising and consumer demand falling. In a bull market share prices are expecting big dividends but this clearly will not be the case. Buyers will be lucky if the majority of their investments are still in operation, let alone making big profits. Barclays for example are a crazy price at the moment considering HMG could well own a good percentage of them in a years time.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    It is the job of the stock markets to look 18 montrhs ahead.
    I like that.

I'm going to use that one.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
    Anybody who believes we have a bull market when there is a worldwide recession must be Alistair Darling.
    It is the job of the stock markets to look 18 montrhs ahead. By then we will be boomed : I hope............

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by snaw View Post
    Oh gawd.

I've now got a mental image of EO and hairyarsedbloke clenched together in a loving embrace ...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X