• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "How to deal with a headhunter situation?"

Collapse

• the_duderama
    replied
    Originally posted by swamp View Post
    What about option 3?
    What the 3rd way?

Why not just makes freinds with the headhunter, like a salesperson makes friends with their pray, sorry, client? Take them out for lunch and talk about the role.

I must admit I've never been headhunted so i've no idea what i'm talking about, sounds sensible though.

Leave a comment:

• swamp
    replied
    What about option 3?

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by Cheshire Cat View Post
    If you want the gig, I see no tactical advantage to option 1.
    You write "not seem to desperate" (sic) but that's a subjective interpretation that you are applying. Who gives a **** how you appear? If you want the gig, pull out all the stops.
    Tactically, there's no difference. But option 1 is messier - really only to be used against alien life-forms.

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    <serious>

If I want something I go out and try my darndest to get it.
    Things do not just fall into your lap - especially not in the current economic climate.
    If you want it, its worth putting a bit of effort in for it.

</serious>

Leave a comment:

• Cheshire Cat
    replied
    If you want the gig, I see no tactical advantage to option 1.
    You write "not seem to desperate" (sic) but that's a subjective interpretation that you are applying. Who gives a **** how you appear? If you want the gig, pull out all the stops.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Option 2.

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Originally posted by tino View Post
    kill them
    And then eat them - there by hiding the evidence.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• tino
    replied
    Originally posted by FSM with Cheddar View Post
    He who dares
    Rodney, He who dares

Leave a comment:

• FSM with Cheddar
    replied
    He who dares

Leave a comment:

• tino
    replied
    Originally posted by aussielong View Post
    Several members of my team including myself are being headhunted for one role.

I want to ensure I get the role.

How do I play it?

Do I wait patiently and hope I win out in the end - not seem to desperate?

Or should I be proactive and chase it - to beat the others too it?
    kill them

Leave a comment:

• aussielong
    started a topic How to deal with a headhunter situation?

How to deal with a headhunter situation?

Several members of my team including myself are being headhunted for one role.

I want to ensure I get the role.

How do I play it?

Do I wait patiently and hope I win out in the end - not seem to desperate?

Or should I be proactive and chase it - to beat the others too it?

Working...
X