• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "How much does your ltd turnover in a typical year?"

Collapse

• ASB
    replied
    Originally posted by landl View Post
    On the contrary my dear fellow, I suggest you refrain from drafting the questions to be put to an electorate at any future ballot, if you lack the necessary skills to make your intentions precise. Your wishy-washy approach leaves me with nothing but pessimism for the future of IT until the day comes when you no longer grace the profession with your presence.

I bid you a good day sir.

PS - I've already voted, as I was able to deduce, despite your ambiguous selection criteria, that you were seeking the greater from a range of possible values.

Could you please review my latest design spec. That should keep me occupied with corrections till retirement.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    On the contrary my dear fellow (DimPrawn), I suggest you refrain from drafting the questions to be put to an electorate at any future ballot, if you lack the necessary skills to make your intentions precise.
    You are new here mate, but you will find out that drafting the questions is not the only skill that he lacks...

Leave a comment:

• landl
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Fook me not again. Of course, but it is single select only, so you should choose the highest level.

I can't believe the cretins in IT these days.

If you can't understand the poll, please don't vote. Here or in any election.
    On the contrary my dear fellow, I suggest you refrain from drafting the questions to be put to an electorate at any future ballot, if you lack the necessary skills to make your intentions precise. Your wishy-washy approach leaves me with nothing but pessimism for the future of IT until the day comes when you no longer grace the profession with your presence.

I bid you a good day sir.

PS - I've already voted, as I was able to deduce, despite your ambiguous selection criteria, that you were seeking the greater from a range of possible values.

Leave a comment:

• Pinto
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Fook me not again. Of course, but it is single select only, so you should choose the highest level.

You could have used just the figures. Which is better?

"over more than 60K"
    "over 60K"

This is a typical small spec query that results in yet another meeting.

Leave a comment:

• denver2k
    replied
    ...the way the question has been framed, shouldn't the counts for the lower bands include those who are in a higher band? Isn't everyone who has selected over 90k also in the over 80k, over 70k, etc bands?

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    ...the way the question has been framed, shouldn't the counts for the lower bands include those who are in a higher band? Isn't everyone who has selected over 90k also in the over 80k, over 70k, etc bands?

Leave a comment:

• landl
    replied
    Throwing a spanner in the works here, but

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
    Ahem...does this mean what my company earns? Or what it's left with after taxes?

It's raw billing before tax, and excluding any VAT amounts claimed or paid.

And don't take your highest rate and multiply by 52.

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Ahem...does this mean what my company earns? Or what it's left with after taxes?

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
    where is the option for a million quid

threaded
    That's just the expense account,

for the boat thingy...

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Your poll went a little short, seeing as threaded will now be providing you your CSA system via our partners.

Leave a comment:

• Archangel
    replied
    Exc VAt inc FRS VAT bonus ?

i.e. Gross inc VAT * 0.87 last year (Gross inc VAT * 0.885 this year)

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    inc VAT?
    exc VAT.

Leave a comment:

• Andy2
    replied
    where is the option for a million quid

threaded

Leave a comment: