• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Question for women

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Question for women"

Collapse

• norrahe
    replied
    Earn more than me other arf, not hard, given that he's now officially redundant and always have earned more than him.

not bothered if he always earns less than me

at the moment I pay for any holidays/weekends away and generally nice things

Fully expect to start paying for everything once his meagre redundancy payment runs out in a few months if he hasn't found anything.

Tbh, as long as he's not intentionally sponging that's fine ( and makes sure my shirts are ironed, my slippers and pipe ready the martini is made when I get in and a 3 course meal on the table, not asking much really is it? )

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
    would not bother me in the least & once I get my BSc it may happen - but there have been times when BBG has supported me so it is all swings & roundabouts.

does love care whos money it is as long as you are both happy?
    Oh Mrs BGG!!!! How lovely to meet you!!!

I hope I haven't already met and offended you...

Massive congratulations x x

Leave a comment:

• east_of_the_sun
    replied
    Last edited by east_of_the_sun; 4 December 2009, 17:17.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by expat View Post
    How would you feel if your husband/partner/significant other, earned less than you?
    Are you comfortable with a man who is not the big earner?
    Would you expect to contribute more than he does?
    Very happy - he already does.
    Yep - why wouldn't I be?
    We split the bills 50/50 - after that what's his his and what's mine's mine.

We pool our savings for big ticket items and yes, if I had more than him I would expect to put more in.

apart from that he is a bit more of a saver than me, which makes us about equal in that area.

So it all evens out...

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied
    would not bother me in the least & once I get my BSc it may happen - but there have been times when BBG has supported me so it is all swings & roundabouts.

does love care whos money it is as long as you are both happy?

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    I'd rather put my daughter to bed than be in some tuliphole B&B just so we can afford Meribel and Disney in the same year.

Leave a comment:

• Tensai
    replied
    I've got my baby daughters lunch on.
    What, she's thrown it back up on you already?

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    She's gone to work now... high heals and fishnets till tea time.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    make sure you get yourself dolled up for when she gets back from work.

She's gone to work now... high heals and fishnets till tea time.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    My wife had a well paid managerial job at pharma company but when we had a baby we decided if she was to work it would be close to home, stress free and flexible... that's why she now works part time at the local council.

As soon as we're mortgage free I'll be doing the same as can't be bothered chasing money around the country, I'd rather put my daughter to bed than be in some tuliphole B&B just so we can afford Meribel and Disney in the same year.

Leave a comment:

• Hawkeye
    replied
    I would not mind at all. Although we are very competitive with each other (not sure how healthy that is really).

Sometimes I find it tough that he earns a lot more than me as I feel guilty spending his money. We split the bills 50/50 too so it can be tough when he wants to do more expensive things as I sometimes watch the pennies.

I do not think we are at the share everything we earn stage just yet.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Even on a good year gf still earns more than me and is on a guaranteed earnings for the rest of her life ( no wonder the NHS is skint ).

It is our out look on money that totally varies, I am quite frugal always saving for a rainy day, a bottle of scotch and a good cigar for me with one holiday a year, she is away a least 6 times a year staying in 5 star hotels.

She says that if I ever run out of money she will keep me but then I lose my independence and could never have that.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    make sure you get yourself dolled up for when she gets back from work. greet her with a smile and rub her tired shoulders. Listen to her gripes and moans and dont bore her with the mundane trivia that is your life.

and lose some weight. who wants to come home to a fat porky lump like you ?

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
    Well I hope you've got her tea on!

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    My wife currently earns way more than me, she’s on about 8k part time.

I’m a shell of the man I once was… 1st day on the bench.
    Well I hope you've got her tea on!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X