• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Don't mention this to the Wife or GF"

Collapse

• up4it
    replied
    Don't overlook the fact that the virus may pass the other way!

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Apparently much the same virus is found in prostate cancers... again related to number of partners etc.
    mmm difficult one.

Live to a ripe old age as a monk or sh@g myself to death by the time I am 55 ?

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    Yep, they wanted to give it to teenage girls via the schools but some of the religious ones kicked up a fuss (not sure if it was just Catholic) -
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/m...er/7633761.stm

Yep that was our local Catholic secondary school, they talked some boll0cks about a school not being the right place for this kind of thing and that it should take place in a clinical environment - The governors are stupid and uninformed and seem to think that it would encourage promiscuity.
    Since this happened I am seriously reconsidering where to send Pogle jnr when she finishes junior school. - either that, or get on the board of governors........

It made me VERY cross

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by denver2k View Post
    Strangely weird.....What religion these "religious people" follow?
    Christianity.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    But it cures acne.

So it's swings and roundabouts, I guess.

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Originally posted by SizeZero View Post
    The test group for the vaccine trials was 16 - 24 year old females. In their wisdom, someone decided that the vaccine should be routinely given to girls of 13 (pre-puberty in many cases).

Reports coming from the test-nation of everything medical, the USA, have some very disturbing results, from headaches and blisters, to seizures, paralysis and death. I'd say that's a valid reason to object to putting your daughter forward as an unpaid guineapig; my own will be eligible very shortly but she won't be having it until there's been far more independent testing, or until she's old enough to decide for herself.
    That's a valid reason if it's correct (scientifically verified) and not just some press based on religious or political lobby nonesense.

Leave a comment:

• denver2k
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Whoooshhh!

Old news though: Last updated - Thursday, 10 May 2007, 07:40 GMT 08:40 UK

I knew some religious types who allowed their daughter to have it at age 13, on the basis that she might "fall away" in future. But they're the type who think that religious belief is something you work out for youself. Parents can guide, but ultimately, it has to be the kids choice or it ain't worf nuffink.
    Strangely weird.....What religion these "religious people" follow?

Leave a comment:

• SizeZero
    replied
    Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    I can't see a valid reason for people to object to HPV vaccinations.
    The test group for the vaccine trials was 16 - 24 year old females. In their wisdom, someone decided that the vaccine should be routinely given to girls of 13 (pre-puberty in many cases).

Reports coming from the test-nation of everything medical, the USA, have some very disturbing results, from headaches and blisters, to seizures, paralysis and death. I'd say that's a valid reason to object to putting your daughter forward as an unpaid guineapig; my own will be eligible very shortly but she won't be having it until there's been far more independent testing, or until she's old enough to decide for herself.

Leave a comment:

• ASB
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Badger
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    Its overrated anyways.
    A BJ makes your day but anal sex makes your whole week

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    [QUOTE=NotAllThere;816462]Whoooshhh!

QUOTE]

I am wasted here

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    Originally posted by Pickle2 View Post
    If having previously read the first post, you then later jump straight to the end, this sounds really quite odd.
    You're the one talking about jumping straight to the end

Leave a comment:

• Pickle2
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Whoooshhh!
    I knew some religious types who allowed their daughter to have it at age 13, on the basis that she might "fall away" in future. But they're the type who think that religious belief is something you work out for youself. Parents can guide, but ultimately, it has to be the kids choice or it ain't worf nuffink.
    If having previously read the first post, you then later jump straight to the end, this sounds really quite odd.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    Its overrated anyways.
    A BJ makes your day but anal sex makes your whole week

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Giving or receiving?

Personally, I've got "exit only" tattooed on my arse!
    Whoooshhh!

Old news though: Last updated - Thursday, 10 May 2007, 07:40 GMT 08:40 UK

Leave a comment:

• Pickle2
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Don't mention this to the Wife or GF
    And especially not to both.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X