• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Science GCSE question"

Collapse

• FarmerPalmer
    replied
    Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
    You've got to be kidding, right?
    if only ...

Leave a comment:

• Menelaus
    replied
    Originally posted by FarmerPalmer View Post
    I've been helping my son with his science revision recently - and he's finding it hard to agree with a lot of the stuff that is being taught - which is pure government spin with no scientific basis.

IVF is bad because it causes world overpopulation

coal is NOT a natural resource

powerstations are only good because they employ lots of people.

wind turbines are good because they use renewable energy

how to insulate your home

He's taking GCSE core science (the nigh level A-C type) and I have yet to see any real physics, chemistry or biology in the curriculum - no wonder so many kids are turned off by science.

They are taught what the government want them to think - and if you can think for yourself them you are doomed to failure.
    You've got to be kidding, right?

Leave a comment:

• ace00
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    Example Maths Question

£5 dole money left innit! Bro, rollin into KFC, 3 piece meal wid onion rings leaves how much corn?

Safe
    If an ounce of weed is 100 quid and your dealer tax you a tenner for a gram should you:

a. Take the deal it is sweet innit.
    b. Cap the mutha.
    c. Negotiate a CDO option based on furture production values.

Leave a comment:

• FarmerPalmer
    replied
    I've been helping my son with his science revision recently - and he's finding it hard to agree with a lot of the stuff that is being taught - which is pure government spin with no scientific basis.

IVF is bad because it causes world overpopulation

coal is NOT a natural resource

powerstations are only good because they employ lots of people.

wind turbines are good because they use renewable energy

how to insulate your home

He's taking GCSE core science (the nigh level A-C type) and I have yet to see any real physics, chemistry or biology in the curriculum - no wonder so many kids are turned off by science.

They are taught what the government want them to think - and if you can think for yourself them you are doomed to failure.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Example Maths Question

£5 dole money left innit! Bro, rollin into KFC, 3 piece meal wid onion rings leaves how much corn?

Safe

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    The question to decide if you Fail, or Epic Fail :

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by expat View Post
    That is quite a fair point, and I don't think you'll get far on here thinking like that. We don't want to consider what things might be for, we just want to rant about how bad they are.
    Sorry, don't know what came over me. I'll nip out and buy a copy of the Daily Mail at lunch time to get me back on track!

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    In fairness it was pointed out that the question asked of R4 was designed to seperate the F's from the E's not the A's from the A*'s.
    That is quite a fair point, and I don't think you'll get far on here thinking like that. We don't want to consider what things might be for, we just want to rant about how bad they are.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Quoting "The 3 'R's" has been going on since I was at school in the seventies.

It is a traditional (and very funny) in-joke among teachers. Even today, say it to any teacher and they will collapse in helpless mirth. Sometimes taking their clothes off.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Pickle2 View Post
    Maybe she just discovered the distractions of cheap cider and shagging.
    Yes, I remember that when I was at secondary school the education minister (I think it was Michael Howard at the time) was on telly each night telling everyone that it’s all about the 3 Rs (reading writing and arithmetic). I was concerned about his ability to spell seeing as only one of those words begins with R, but not my own spelling skills, seeing as I paid a lot of attention to the 3 Bs; bikes, beer and birds.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    I was thinking along those lines

Leave a comment:

• Pickle2
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    A friend of mine's daughter is doing her A levels and was a child "prodigy" at GCSE (ie 100% on every exam ever taken). She was in the gifted and talented class.

In her 1st year exams at A level she has got D's and E's.
    Maybe she just discovered the distractions of cheap cider and shagging.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    if only he thought CUk caused cancer

Leave a comment:

• FSM with Cheddar
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    Name the advantage of wireless technology

Expected answer: It has no wires

I sheet you not
    Wrong...

It keeps CyberIdiot away (he's scared of it)

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    It irradiates the brains of the people, making them more amenable to government control. Get your tin foil hat now.
    Worst thing you could do (if you're worried about that sort of thing).

http://people.csail.mit.edu/rahimi/helmet/

Leave a comment:

Working...
X