• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "I have no work to do"

Collapse

• Pogle
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    I tend to just open the window when I have a shower. But then I’m a northerner and I can take the cold. (too stingy to buy the stuff)
    The first thing I do when I get to my hotel room down south is switch off all raidiators and open all windows! They keep closing the windows when they come and make up the bed, but they get opened again. I have the window open in the depths of winter, i like fresh air.
    We have a very large window in our bathroom - its for escaping in the event of a fire so if it was open the whole world would be able to see my bottom in the shower and I'm afraid the world is just not ready for that yet

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    I tend to just open the window when I have a shower. But then I’m a northerner and I can take the cold. (too stingy to buy the stuff)
    I regularly swim with a guy who's swum the channel (English and Irish) and can swim in 7 degree Celcius water without a wetsuit. In fact wetsuits are frowned on in the open water events he enters. He's planning on swimming to Alcatraz, which is nowhere near as bad or as hard as the film would have many believe, apparently. He has a rather retund shape however. I would get hypothermic in minutes in those temperatures. It's not so much toughness though as physiology. Not that I am calling you fat.

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    Originally posted by Rookie View Post
    Yes, before you cross the line.

Rain-X though? That sounds like good stuff.
    I had some left over after I cleaned the car. God, this is beginning to sound like I have a serious cleaning OCD

Leave a comment:

• Rookie
    replied
    Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
    OK, this is how bored I've been. In addition to scrubbing the entire bathroom, I've also put anti-fog stuff on the mirrors to stop them steaming up when the shower's on, and I've also put Rain-X on the glass in the shower cubicle to stop it getting scaled up.

God I need to think of a decent plan B.....
    Yes, before you cross the line.

Rain-X though? That sounds like good stuff.

Leave a comment:

• kookachoo
    replied
    Oddly enough, Halfords - it's meant for car windscreens but works equally well on bathroom mirrors

WOOP WOOP!!! What's it called?? My housemate will be so impressed when I do this to the bathroom mirror!

Ok I saw you posted a hyperlink, jeez, you are bored!
    Last edited by kookachoo; 26 March 2009, 15:50. Reason: Dunce!

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    I am SERIOUSLY impressed - where does one purchase the anti fog stuff of which you speak?
    Oddly enough, Halfords - it's meant for car windscreens but works equally well on bathroom mirrors

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    I am SERIOUSLY impressed - where does one purchase the anti fog stuff of which you speak?

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    OK, this is how bored I've been. In addition to scrubbing the entire bathroom, I've also put anti-fog stuff on the mirrors to stop them steaming up when the shower's on, and I've also put Rain-X on the glass in the shower cubicle to stop it getting scaled up.

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    Domestic servant?
    Tempting as it is, I think I'll explore other avenues first!

Leave a comment:

• kookachoo
    replied
    I want some anti-fog!!

I'm bored silly - my Dad tells me it's work... but I just want to be a Policeman!

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Domestic servant?

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    Are you SURE that the bathroom is really clean?
    Could it use a little mold & mildew spay?
    Are the taps gleeming?
    Have you scrubbed the loo?

Brownie points are to be had here

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    How many shirts can you iron in one day?
    Dunno, I'm planning on outsourcing

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    How many shirts can you iron in one day?
    I iron faster when powered by vodka

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Are you SURE that the bathroom is really clean?
    Could it use a little mold & mildew spay?
    Are the taps gleeming?
    Have you scrubbed the loo?

Brownie points are to be had here

Leave a comment:

Working...
X