• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Have become a permie manager ..."

Collapse

• sasguru
    replied
    Well

we seem to have a full complement of staff. However I guess I'll have to get rid of some deadwood soon, once I find my feet. May very well come back to you on that one.

Leave a comment:

• Francko
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent
    SAS GURU, you must need some contractors, (I am sure I have never insulted you on this board
    Naaa, he hates contractors, they are so expensive.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    dear

Originally posted by sasguru
    Well haven't been around for a while as my contract finished and went on holiday (Mexico). But now I've come back and accepted a management job. Let's see how it goes. Pay is excellent and I can do some serious bullying of Franco-types . I intend to sit in my own office and "strategise" in between some light surfing.
    SAS GURU, you must need some contractors, (I am sure I have never insulted you on this board

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Francko
    That's your IP, you idiot!
    Doh! No its not, its a third party tool I'm using

Leave a comment:

• Francko
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru
    I've been monitoring staff internet usage and one guy seems to be stuck on this forum. I think I'll set myself the job of finding out who
    That's your IP, you idiot!

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Hmmm very interesting ...

I've been monitoring staff internet usage and one guy seems to be stuck on this forum. I think I'll set myself the job of finding out who

BTW Franco I bet have more techie certifications and qualifications than you:

BSc
    MSc
    Principal CLP
    SCJP
    Advanced SAS Programmer
    Last edited by sasguru; 13 October 2005, 15:28.

Leave a comment:

• Francko
    replied
    Originally posted by partimer
    Like it !!! LOL.
    Spot the contractors ...

[..]
    You'd be amazed of how many permies cannot find the way on how they can sit a certification exam. I had many of them asking how for several times. I send them the link of prometric, still they couldn't find the way.... guess I will have to write the http request to be sent or otherwise that will be so difficult for many of them. Then, at their next interview they will say that they encountered so many troubles finding where they could sit the exam.

Leave a comment:

• partimer
    replied
    Like it !!! LOL.
    Spot the contractors ...

Got my Prince certification whilst walking the dog this morning. Got my ITIL whilst on the underground coming here. Got my MCSE whilst waiting to come into the interview room. Got my .Net whilst drinking my cup of coffee and this handy crib sheet. What do you mean I'm not qualified ????

Seriously though, I was making the point that you should get your employer to pay. Why study in your own time ?

PS there are now books that reckon it should take 15 minutes, none of that dummies guide - too much reading.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Is no one listening to me?

What's all this techie talk of SSADM, ITIL, blah blah. My aim is to leave IT altogether. I will be a scheming arse-licking politico in this job till I have climbed to a senior (non-IT) management position.

BTW Back to financials, Numpty. No money in pharma unless you're a contractor.

Leave a comment:

• Francko
    replied
    Originally posted by voron
    But you can learn SSADM in an hour from a book or website. There's nothing to it.
    Oh yeah... and ITIL, we did the exam with this 30 pages booklet studying in the morning on the underground...

Leave a comment:

• voron
    replied
    Originally posted by partimer
    Many years ago you needed SSADM to do any government gigs.
    But you can learn SSADM in an hour from a book or website. There's nothing to it.

Leave a comment:

• Numptycorner
    replied
    Hey SASguru, you still in pharmas? Or back to financials?

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Find out what the deal on sickness is and get a friendly doctor to sign you off for 6 months with back trouble (on full pay of course) and then spend the time doing certifications and the like.

Leave a comment:

• partimer
    replied
    milk it

If I was you, I would use the permie role to enhance your "personal development" and "career progression". Spot the permie buzzwords.
    Many years ago you needed SSADM to do any government gigs. Then it was Prince 2. Now it's ITIL. Get all that using the disguise of personal development. They are paying after all !!!

While you're at it get all the other courses that seem available to permies like the managements courses where they stick you in a hotel in the middle of nowhere, for a week. Enjoy. Let the contractors do the real work ...

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    ...well sorry to hear that sasguru, still good to see you painting a positive picture. Must have been an awful shock to have found out that you've become a "permie".

Leave a comment:

Working...
X