• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "That was a close one...er, two..."

Collapse

• centurian
    replied
    "My double radiation exposure is now an official government record," Mr Yamaguchi told reporters."

Funny thing is - I can remember a very similar story about 10 years back, but this time it was a soldier. His unit was in Hiroshima when they all got vaporised on the first blast (except him of course).

Since his entire unit was toast - literally, he decided to go back home - to Nagasaki.

Quote from a t-shirt I saw in Blackpool a few years back entitled "10 greatest f****"

6. What the f*** was that? - Major of Hiroshima

Leave a comment:

• ThomasSoerensen
    replied
    Originally posted by moorfield View Post
    To have one atomic bomb drop on your head is unfortunate, to have two drop on your head just looks careless.
    splutter lol

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
    He must have very strong genes/DNA not to have succumbed to some form of cancer due to being irradiated twice.
    he had three forms of severe cancer beforehand. but he got cured.

all his hair fell out though

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    He must have very strong genes/DNA not to have succumbed to some form of cancer due to being irradiated twice.

Leave a comment:

• MrMark
    replied
    Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
    I bet no one wants him to move in next door. Who knows when he'll get his hat trick?
    Exactly. We should be given advance notice if he ever wants to take a holiday in the UK.

Leave a comment:

• PRC1964
    replied
    I bet no one wants him to move in next door. Who knows when he'll get his hat trick?

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    This is an outlook that contributes in no small part to the death toll on Indian roads.
    That, and the exacting standards of the Indian driving test, which amounts to completing two u-turns without hitting any cows.

This chap did it

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    Exactly, I am a great believer in fate.... when it's your time, it's your time.
    This is an outlook that contributes in no small part to the death toll on Indian roads.

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by BrianSnail View Post
    That too.... I do sincerely believe in that!!!

Leave a comment:

• moorfield
    replied
    To have one atomic bomb drop on your head is unfortunate, to have two drop on your head just looks careless.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Maybe it isn’t luck or fate. Maybe he’s just ‘ard. Really ‘ard.

Leave a comment:

• BrianSnail
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    I am a great believer in beer o'clock.... when it's your time, it's your time.

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    if your number is up it is up

if not you live to fight another day!
    Exactly, I am a great believer in fate.... when it's your time, it's your time.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    if your number is up it is up

if not you live to fight another day!

Leave a comment:

• Menelaus
    replied
    Blinking flip! Talk about lucky white heather ...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X