• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "New government scare adverts"

Collapse

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
    Jacqui Smith on the news yesterday saying a dirty bomb attack was highly likely - the fearmongering makes me sick.
    But at the same time, we have Britain to scrap its nuclear deterrent?

Ministers and the military Establishment are thinking the unthinkable - that Britain should scrap its nuclear deterrent

Leave a comment:

• the_duderama
    replied
    This is doubleplusgood, where does a comrade assemble for the hour of hate against the terrorists?

Leave a comment:

• NickNick
    replied
    Was it not this one then?
    http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3607/...7458e1.jpg?v=0

Perhaps it was an Avon and Somerset version?

Leave a comment:

• FSM with Cheddar
    replied
    Originally posted by NickNick View Post
    If I might, you didn't see a govt advert, but one from the Met.
    Well, in that case. Why are the met putting adverts up in Bristol?

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr Crosby View Post
    I hate the stroke advert.
    I too. It's when they say the faster you act, the more of a person can be saved. So if you're slow, then they'll be less of person? Nazis.

Leave a comment:

• NickNick
    replied
    Originally posted by FSM with Cheddar View Post
    This morning I saw a new government advert to encourage us to spy on each other.

It said something along the lines of:
    If I might, you didn't see a govt advert, but one from the Met.

Leave a comment:

• Menelaus
    replied
    Originally posted by FSM with Cheddar View Post
    Yeah, I am traditionally conservative, but was happy when Labour came into power. I never realised NuLabour would get it so wrong.
    It manages to be both cliche and generalisation but, regrettably, familiarity does seem to breed contempt in regards to NuLab (as it has with previous Tory governments but far less so).

Leave a comment:

• FSM with Cheddar
    replied
    Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
    It almost makes me wistfully wonder what happened to the desires the country had that summers morning, May 1997 - it all looked SO good...
    Yeah, I am traditionally conservative, but was happy when Labour came into power. I never realised NuLabour would get it so wrong.

Leave a comment:

• Menelaus
    replied
    This current government are a bad joke who have become overripe.

It almost makes me wistfully wonder what happened to the desires the country had that summers morning, May 1997 - it all looked SO good...

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Well its quite obvious whats happening. In order to take everyone's minds off of the financial crisis they're intimating that there will be a new terror crisis so that when they do screw up the economy they can blame it on someone else interfering with their priorities.

Leave a comment:

• FSM with Cheddar
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    You'll be the first against the wall when the revolution comes...
    <fast speak>Reddy, aim, fire.</fast speak>

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    I haven't read this yet, but I think I will spare the time today...

http://www.fas.harvard.edu/~hpcws/bruce.htm

Leave a comment:

• Gordon Brown
    replied
    Keep calm. Carry on.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Crosby
    replied
    I hate the stroke advert.

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    Jacqui Smith on the news yesterday saying a dirty bomb attack was highly likely - the fearmongering makes me sick.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X