• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: The Wire

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The Wire"

Collapse

• voodooflux
    replied
    Just a reminder that season 2 of The Wire starts on BBC2 at 11.30pm tonight.

Leave a comment:

• voodooflux
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    The pilot is already out and available on torrent
    Yes, I believe it is

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
    The spinoff series "Caprica" is due to start next year.
    The pilot is already out and available on torrent

Leave a comment:

• aceboy
    replied
    I watched & loved all 5 series of the wire.......in many respects I was sorry to see it end.

I also liked "The Shield"

Leave a comment:

• voodooflux
    replied
    Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
    The only other series that I'm currently watching, and again, it's taken me years to pluck up the motivation, after several friends constantly hyping it up, was the new Battlestar Galactica.
    Good stuff that, and very gritty in places. The spinoff series "Caprica" is due to start next year.

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
    The next box set will be Firefly.
    Another series that deserved to run for longer. Brilliant script from Joss Whedon.

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    I think season 3 is the best. It's near Shakespearian in its betrayals and twists while also giving a hint of what's to come in the next 2 seasons.

Leave a comment:

• voodooflux
    replied
    Originally posted by snaw View Post
    Season 2 is probably my least favourite of all of them. Probably season 5 nails it for me, they pull out all the stops in the absolute knowledge it was their last one.

Problem I have now is everything else on telly is so pish in comparison.
    I have to admit to being a little underwhelmed with it at first - I think my expectations were artificially high after hearing nothing but rave reviews, and I found it a little slow to begin with. Then after watching the first few I was hooked and found myself watching "just one more" episode at 2.00am for a couple of nights over the weekend.

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    I drank copiously while watching the Wire, as do many of the characters

Just get on with it man!
    Me too, me and the missus started watching it of an evening on the laptop in Thailand, and we got prettty smashed on Singha every night ...

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    Oh no, my sky box is already full because of season one that I haven't managed to start watching yet... you say there's more coming.

We haven't watched yet because people say you need to concentrate so I only want to watch on a wine free night, there haven’t been any of those for a few weeks now.
    I drank copiously while watching the Wire, as do many of the characters

Just get on with it man!

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    The Wire will be back for season 2 on the 4th of May.
    Oh no, my sky box is already full because of season one that I haven't managed to start watching yet... you say there's more coming.

We haven't watched yet because people say you need to concentrate so I only want to watch on a wine free night, there haven’t been any of those for a few weeks now.

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
    Same here - I watched season 1 over the course of 3 nights and it becomes rather compelling viewing. Looking forward to season 2 (the beeb look to be squeezing in all 5 seasons over the next 3 months.)
    Season 2 is probably my least favourite of all of them. Probably season 5 nails it for me, they pull out all the stops in the absolute knowledge it was their last one.

Problem I have now is everything else on telly is so pish in comparison.

Leave a comment:

• voodooflux
    replied
    Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
    Thanks - will keep an eye out. I'm getting withdrawal symptoms already.
    Same here - I watched season 1 over the course of 3 nights and it becomes rather compelling viewing. Looking forward to season 2 (the beeb look to be squeezing in all 5 seasons over the next 3 months.)

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Update: I found this

Do enjoy it - I thought that season 2 was WAY better than season 1 !
    Toughie, but they just keep getting better ...

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Update: I found this

The Wire will be back for season 2 on the 4th of May.
    Do enjoy it - I thought that season 2 was WAY better than season 1 !

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    I hear it might be available as a torrent download ...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X