• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Wire

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Digiguide tells me there's a 1hr 40 min episode on May 4th but no details which series

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
      Digiguide tells me there's a 1hr 40 min episode on May 4th but no details which series
      Thanks - will keep an eye out. I'm getting withdrawal symptoms already.
      "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I hear it might be available as a torrent download ...

Comment

Update: I found this

The Wire will be back for season 2 on the 4th of May.
          Do enjoy it - I thought that season 2 was WAY better than season 1 !

Comment

Update: I found this

Do enjoy it - I thought that season 2 was WAY better than season 1 !
            Toughie, but they just keep getting better ...
            Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
              Thanks - will keep an eye out. I'm getting withdrawal symptoms already.
              Same here - I watched season 1 over the course of 3 nights and it becomes rather compelling viewing. Looking forward to season 2 (the beeb look to be squeezing in all 5 seasons over the next 3 months.)
              Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
                Same here - I watched season 1 over the course of 3 nights and it becomes rather compelling viewing. Looking forward to season 2 (the beeb look to be squeezing in all 5 seasons over the next 3 months.)
                Season 2 is probably my least favourite of all of them. Probably season 5 nails it for me, they pull out all the stops in the absolute knowledge it was their last one.

Problem I have now is everything else on telly is so pish in comparison.

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

The Wire will be back for season 2 on the 4th of May.
                  Oh no, my sky box is already full because of season one that I haven't managed to start watching yet... you say there's more coming.

We haven't watched yet because people say you need to concentrate so I only want to watch on a wine free night, there haven’t been any of those for a few weeks now.
                  Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                    Oh no, my sky box is already full because of season one that I haven't managed to start watching yet... you say there's more coming.

We haven't watched yet because people say you need to concentrate so I only want to watch on a wine free night, there haven’t been any of those for a few weeks now.
                    I drank copiously while watching the Wire, as do many of the characters

Just get on with it man!

Comment

I drank copiously while watching the Wire, as do many of the characters

Just get on with it man!
                      Me too, me and the missus started watching it of an evening on the laptop in Thailand, and we got prettty smashed on Singha every night ...

Comment

Working...
                      X