• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "When the market turns it will be one of the most stunning bull markets"

Collapse

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
    Hehehehehe I love it - what a great quote. SO true!

I expect our Walter Mitty friend will be back online on Monday telling us all how he's made another killing....
    Walter Mitty? On cuk I think you have to be a bit more specific......

Leave a comment:

• PM-Junkie
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I often wonder how you get to become an "expert". certainly among economists it seems to be the one with the biggest mouth.
    Hehehehehe I love it - what a great quote. SO true!

I expect our Walter Mitty friend will be back online on Monday telling us all how he's made another killing....

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    In IT an expert is somebody who learns from the mistakes of others......
    In engineering too!

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
    Always do the opposite of what the experts agree on. Never fails! It takes nerve and big balls to do so, but when the experts all agree on something, do the opposite.
    I often wonder how you get to become an "expert". certainly among economists it seems to be the one with the biggest mouth.

In IT an expert is somebody who learns from the mistakes of others......

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    and that is also the view of most independent experts
    Always do the opposite of what the experts agree on. Never fails! It takes nerve and big balls to do so, but when the experts all agree on something, do the opposite.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    The more posts I see like this, the closer I know we are to the market floor.
    WHS

Leave a comment:

• Slumdog
    replied
    you should be shorting to make some money in share price falling

Leave a comment:

• Green Mango
    replied
    Many analysts are saying this current rally will fail and then the market will have another jolt downwards ... the worst bottom prediction I've seen for the FTSE is 2700.

I can believe it, I don't think it's over.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    Great companies can still go under, simply because their customers stop spending.
    It only takes one ill advised speech to bring a profitable company to its knees.

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied

We are getting closer, no doubt. Every fall takes us closer and it does not take a genius to see that. The problem is how long will we continue to fall for and what percentage of companies will cease to exist over the next year or so. My view is that the markets will fall for at least another year, and that is also the view of most independent experts. Now is really not the time to invest.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Great companies can still go under, simply because their customers stop spending.

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
    Invest at your peril !!

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    No shares are cheap if firms are going bust. It is a very big risk to invest in any company except those with virtually inelastic demand such as food retailers or utility companies. Until banks are lending normally and we are through the recession/depression just about every company could go bust due to lack of working capital, and banks such as Barclays are still susceptible to stealth takeover by HMG.

Invest at your peril !!

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    Always sell too soon and buy too late, my daddy said to me.
    That's why I no longer trade. I just buy boring old unit trusts every month now. I seem to have a curse, it can be guaranteed that if I buy a share it will instantly lose 10%. I even tried buying shares that I actually thought would go down to test my apparent curse. Guess what........ I was right, they'd go down!

Leave a comment:

• Liability
    replied
    I'd say september onwards and we may start to see some stable trading in the indices. There are a heck of alot of undervalued companies right now - it really is shocking - but as always - HOW MUCH lower can they go

Leave a comment:

Working...
X