• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Doom in technicolour"

Collapse

• Svalbaard
    replied
    In pic 7. at least in Kazakhstan the locals can get out and do some decent off-piste by the looks of it.

Leave a comment:

• Liability
    replied
    Brother in Law just moved to Atlanta

He is looking at $200k houses that were $1.8million few years back. 8000SQFT Plus with everything youd ever want.

Hard to beleive unless you see the state of some of the places in the USA which is going unreported - the scale of unemployment and its effects are far worse than what is being reported

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Christo en bici!

One family bought a 2,062-square foot home in the Finger Lakes region of upstate New York for just $12, 500 or $6 per square foot, according to the New York Post.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Depression hits losers the hardest
    From the onion. Classic.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Deut: 15:1 "At the end of every seven-year period you shall have a relaxation of debts, "

Did it?
    Oh that bit. Oh all right, sounds fun. Should I rush out and max out my credit cards first? Perhaps I'll buy a Maserati on HP.

I don't think Mrs Tester could survive a seven year period though.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Deut: 15:1 "At the end of every seven-year period you shall have a relaxation of debts, "

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    No, that's been tried before too. It led to lots of nasty wars, some of which continue to this day.
    Did it?

Leave a comment:

• jkoder
    replied
    I like the Antarctica Big Picture they did.

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/200...ntarctica.html

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded View Post
    The answer is in the bible: Deuteronomy 15:1
    No, that's been tried before too. It led to lots of nasty wars, some of which continue to this day.

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    I don't apply for jobs that I'm not capable of doing. It is becoming clear that all politicians do.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    It brings home the stupidity of it all. Unemployed people desperately looking for work. Unemployed homes that need people to finish building them. Unsold cars that could take people to the homes that need finishing. Unused containers and cranes that could move the materials onto ships and bring them to the homes that need finishing and the people who do the finishing.

It's a damning indictment of human stupidity that we can't seem to find a way out of this waste. I'm not saying communism would be better; that was even worse, but there must be a better way to do things than this.
    The answer is in the bible: Deuteronomy 15:1

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    It brings home the stupidity of it all. Unemployed people desperately looking for work. Unemployed homes that need people to finish building them. Unsold cars that could take people to the homes that need finishing. Unused containers and cranes that could move the materials onto ships and bring them to the homes that need finishing and the people who do the finishing.

It's a damning indictment of human stupidity that we can't seem to find a way out of this waste. I'm not saying communism would be better; that was even worse, but there must be a better way to do things than this.

Leave a comment:

• M_B
    started a topic Doom in technicolour

Doom in technicolour

Apologies if this has already been posted.

2009 Doom in colour

Working...
X