• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: On shoring

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "On shoring"

Collapse

• Andy2
    replied
    Originally posted by GreenerGrass View Post
    Bickering over the definition of racism misses the real enemy here - which is perhaps what the people behind onshoring want.

You should all direct your hate and bile to our short sighted government and company owners who employ onshoring and offshoring despite this being a dying country that only has service-based industries left.
    You cannot blame the hard working Indians who have been our historic allies from World War One to the current War On Terror. etc...
    WHS+

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
    A bit of tolerance is in order here. I've had to put up with smelly garlic breath from all cultures, including my own compatriots sitting nearby. I've also had people complain about eating fish and chips in the office because of the smell. If it really is a problem then you should try to get the rules with regard to eating in the office changed, rather than turning it into a racial issue.
    Cyberman introduces reason, common sense and some rational thinking to a thread. I finds myself agreeing with him.......and now I feel nauseous

Leave a comment:

• GreenerGrass
    replied
    Bickering over the definition of racism misses the real enemy here - which is perhaps what the people behind onshoring want.

You should all direct your hate and bile to our short sighted government and company owners who employ onshoring and offshoring despite this being a dying country that only has service-based industries left.
    You cannot blame the hard working Indians who have been our historic allies from World War One to the current War On Terror. etc...

Leave a comment:

• lightng
    replied
    I can't see any racism here. Nothing to see. Move on.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I do hope nobody is going to feed the troll. Or shall I get some popcorn in?
    No he's sleeping. Let him be.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    I do hope nobody is going to feed the troll. Or shall I get some popcorn in?

Leave a comment:

• Ivor Bigun
    replied
    [QUOTE=expat;800065]
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    IANAL but given the seriousness and indeed criminality of actually being racist, I wouldn't be surprised if an unsubstantiated accusation of racism would be easily actionable, with court orders to CUK to reveal identity and all ........
    So Expat, where do you stand? Yep - lets see this go to court.....

Here's a few choice quotes for a magistrate to get started on. I've left out the ones that could be considered funny and witty - but the following IMO, are methodically aimed.
    But worse of all - their food always seems to stink out the entire floor when they use the microwave.
    This means when visiting the little boys room for my afternoon constitutional i'm confronted with a towering pile of wet bog roll/stool mix with an outsourcers egg perched jauntily on top. Nice.
    God knows how they manage to lay the final one as the tower is 5 foot high by this point. I reckon they visit in 3's and form a human pyramid to lay the final 'fairy' on the top.

I wondered how long it would take for some coward to play the race card.
    This is not trolling. This is happening to a good friend of mine. He is going to have his work stream cut because of this. Others too.
    Who in their right mind would ever admit to being racist? Therefore the question is flawed as there can only ever be one acceptable answer.
    This thread had the potential to skate perilously close to racism, and I truly hope is doesn't. The pertinent issue here is cheap labour being brought in from overseas starving skilled labour over here from work.
    Is this something you condone?
    Someone somewhere has to pick up the tab. While clientco saves a few bob, the taxpayer has to shell out more in JSA and benefits for the people forced out of work.

I think you'll find its not against the law to have racist thoughts. However, actioning those thoughts into deeds or putting them onto paper can be. All I'm doing is holding a mirror to those that say these things. It is they that are getting upset about it.

Here's another reference to definitions of what Racism is.
    http://www.childline.org.uk/Info/Pages/Racism.aspx
    Just because there is no specific victim here, it doesn't mean that its OK.
    The Law could take the view that "incitement to racial hatred" is happening right now with these statements above.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incitem..._racial_hatred

Maybe SUITYOU01 is just a sockpuppet of Jade Goody.

Leave a comment:

• denver2k
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    I support expensive foreign imports, who refuse to sh@g our women, eat at home and pay lots of tax

and dont look like David Essex

You mean them

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    you look French to me

Shut it scottie......

Leave a comment:

• denver2k
    replied
    you are missing the point entirely.
    sh@gging our women and not paying taxes

Is there any tax on sh@gging "our" women? Im not in this "our" because i dont wana own these women.....

Anyways, im sick of smelly food at work. I would love to have them banned in workplace kitchens, no matter if its Thai,Jepanese,English,French,Indian,Pakistani,Afri can whatever....

Or make "air tight" kitchens, so no1 else can feel it....

When i was student, i worked for a company in Canary Wharf London, which was owned by an Asian guy and they banned indian hot food in Kitchen....no1 came up with "Racism" issue

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
    Were you on that BNP member list that was publicised on the internet ?
    I support expensive foreign imports, who refuse to sh@g our women, eat at home and pay lots of tax

and dont look like David Essex

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    you are missing the point entirely.
    It's ok for english guys to cook curry in the microwave but not for cheap foreign imports who are taking our jobs, sh@gging our women and not paying taxes. This is not about curry smells it's about the basic fabric of our culture, the right to call foreigners names.

Were you on that BNP member list that was publicised on the internet ?

Leave a comment:

• moorfield
    replied
    you look French to me

smell

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    What a shame this thread has deteriorated - I was interested to hear about people's experiences with on-shoring.

All the racist name calling tulipe we've seen before.
    you look French to me

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    You calling me a racist ya swine

Worked with a chinese guy who once brought in last night's fish from the chipper and microwaved it, the whole office smelt like a kipper's fanny for the rest of the week.

We use to word racist a bit too easily. Everybody has a little bit of subconcious racism in them because it is simply natural to side with your own compatriots on many issues due to cultural bias IMO.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X