• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Too fat to work!

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Too fat to work!"

Collapse

• zara_backdog
    replied
    Originally posted by bobhope View Post
    I'm not sure this isn't some kind of Daily Mail reader baiting exercise. Surely it's made up?
    No, it was discussed on one of daily TV shows yesterday which is where I picked the story up from.

Leave a comment:

• bobhope
    replied
    Also - Daily Star website is blocked at clientco for some reason.

Leave a comment:

• bobhope
    replied
    I'm not sure this isn't some kind of Daily Mail reader baiting exercise. Surely it's made up?

Leave a comment:

• futurix
    replied
    Originally posted by zara_backdog View Post
    X FACTOR flop Emma Chawner and her family are demanding more benefits because they are too fat to work. Link
    Holy cow!
    Compared to her I'm slim! Yay!

Leave a comment:

• DocP
    replied
    Tax

Taxes, well, at least in principle we have some say in how they are spent. So we can only blame ourselves.

R*?*S sold me something that was a lie. Now they've made free with the cash there is nothing I can do.

We no longer have a situation where by and large people get what is merited. Investments and savings we have worked hard for have been stolen by an undeserving overlord class. The tulip is going to hit the fan over this.

Perhaps you've a clear view of the deserving and underserving poor?

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
    I guess the "And there's another one for you to thrill yourself with" bit was way beyond some peoples' clearly limited intellect. My mistake to assume that people can actually read I suppose.
    As I always say, on this board one can never use too many smilies ..

Leave a comment:

• dinker
    replied
    Originally posted by DocP View Post
    There appears to be a cluture of blaming people living on a few quid a week for stealing all yer money.

Life on benefits is pretty grim for most. Put this in to context of the like of Goodwin who have.

Stolen your savings
    Stolen your pension
    Sold you worthless shares / loans / bonds / derivatives
    Wrecked your job
    Will take your house from you

... and p**s off with millions in their pockets.

Yeah.... lets give the little people a good kicking. (tabloid style)
    The difference is between consent and coercion. I bank at Natwest because I choose to (and I`ve never paid a penny for the privilege). I don`t consent to paying taxes, the money is stolen from me using the threat of violence.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by zara_backdog View Post
    X FACTOR flop Emma Chawner and her family are demanding more benefits because they are too fat to work. Link

Prehaps if cut their benefit they would not be able to afford all that food?
    Why are you reading the daily star?

Leave a comment:

• lightng
    replied
    Originally posted by DocP View Post
    There appears to be a cluture of blaming people living on a few quid a week for stealing all yer money.

Life on benefits is pretty grim for most. Put this in to context of the like of Goodwin who have.

Stolen your savings
    Stolen your pension
    Wrecked your job

not so little

apart from that point taken.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    This may be an un-PC observation, but has anyone ever seen a fat person work?

Leave a comment:

• DocP
    replied
    Context

Stolen your savings
    Stolen your pension
    Wrecked your job

Leave a comment:

• lightng
    replied
    I guess the "And there's another one for you to thrill yourself with" bit was way beyond some peoples' clearly limited intellect. My mistake to assume that people can actually read I suppose.

Leave a comment:

• PM-Junkie
    replied

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by expat

leeches

I'm curious: did you think that you knew how to spell it, or did you just think that it doesn't matter?
    I'm curious, is your life really so pathetic that you spend all day scouring this forum looking for spelling mistakes? Does it give you a little thrill to show everyone that you spotted one?

Congratulations, at least you have acheived something today. And there's another one for you to thrill yourself with - so you can't say I never do anything for you.
    Aha - spotted one!

achieved

Leave a comment:

• lightng
    replied
    I'm curious, is your life really so pathetic that you spend all day scouring this forum looking for spelling mistakes? Does it give you a little thrill to show everyone that you spotted one?

Congratulations, at least you have acheived something today. And there's another one for you to thrill yourself with - so you can't say I never do anything for you.
    achieved

Ahhh! That makes me feel much better about being benched shortly.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X