• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Jobs(w)erve

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Jobs(w)erve"

Collapse

• Epiphone
    replied
    And Monster has been hacked twice. Balls to putting any personal details on there now mad

Leave a comment:

• ziggy
    replied
    I hate Monster also ... never use it.

My mainstay is cwjobs, jobserve and jobsite ... but in reality most of these have the same jobs anyhow!

Leave a comment:

• pmeswani
    replied
    Originally posted by deckster View Post
    Yeah, but that's just cos they don't like you
    Lucky I don't do Christmas Cards. .

I'm always unloved. Even my parents are looking to throw me out onto the streets.

Leave a comment:

• deckster
    replied
    Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
    Whenever I speak to the pimp, they tell me to send them my cv and leave them alone. So it's not always a good thing.
    Yeah, but that's just cos they don't like you

Leave a comment:

• pmeswani
    replied
    Originally posted by zara_backdog View Post
    Yes - anoying. Means I have to speak to the pimps direct, but prehaps that is not a bad thing, is it?
    Whenever I speak to the pimp, they tell me to send them my cv and leave them alone. So it's not always a good thing.

Leave a comment:

• Drewster
    replied
    Originally posted by zara_backdog View Post
    Yes - anoying. Means I have to speak to the pimps direct, but prehaps that is not a bad thing, is it?
    I always speak to the pimps.... I have (in the past) sent cvs via the linky-things but never get a response...

Nowadays (when looking seriously rather than just trawling) I even google the Pimp for a contact number when they don't put one on.

I rely on the fact that my charm and personality* will give me an edge of just being a single cv hidden within 00s of Emails.....

* Well dogged, thick skinned persistance!

Leave a comment:

• pmeswani
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Monster is the most unfriendly site to work with compared to places like jobsite, IMHO.

Monster it's all stupid flash content & adverts, does not help.
    I must admit what you are saying are some of the reasons why I don't use Monstor. Also, their site has been broken into a few times, so it makes me a bit unconfortable using it. But, in times of need, when a contract is needed, one can't be choosy.

Leave a comment:

• zara_backdog
    replied
    Anyone else having problems applying for roles on Jobs(w)erve today?

Am getting the following messages:

"Error while trying to process the uploaded CV"

"Please correct the errors highlighted below"

"No CV has been attached to this application"

It looks like someone is messing up the back end stuff. Anyone else getting similar problems on Jobs(w)erve?

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Monster is the most unfriendly site to work with compared to places like jobsite, IMHO.

Monster it's all stupid flash content & adverts, does not help.

Leave a comment:

• Ltd ability
    replied
    I got that error before, it wouldn't let me upload a CV when it was a word doc but would if i tried it using notepad or .txt.

Not sure why that is tho

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Give me your contact number and I will cold call you every hour until you can offer me a role.
    I prefer sarnies to rolls - mind you beggars cant be chosers ....

Leave a comment:

• pmeswani
    replied
    Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
    Cold calling - amazing what offers you can get it you do the rounds on a council estate - excuse me Madam - may I take a moment of your time ...
    Give me your contact number and I will cold call you every hour until you can offer me a role.

Leave a comment:

• pmeswani
    replied
    I've registered on both, but I find Monster more suited for permies than contractors. However, If I knew how to search for contracts on there, I can always change the way I search for roles. CWJobs I look at from time to time....and is more contractor friendly.
    I stand corrected on Monster. Just looked on there and it now has an option for searching for contract roles. The last time I used it, it was hard to find contract roles on there.

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Apart from going direct, how do you go about applying for roles & contracts?
    Cold calling - amazing what offers you can get it you do the rounds on a council estate - excuse me Madam - may I take a moment of your time ...

Leave a comment:

• pmeswani
    replied
    Originally posted by Liability View Post
    Monster and CWJobs

this time around 90% of calls and enquiries have come from there.
    I've registered on both, but I find Monster more suited for permies than contractors. However, If I knew how to search for contracts on there, I can always change the way I search for roles. CWJobs I look at from time to time....and is more contractor friendly.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X