• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jobs(w)erve

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got that error before, it wouldn't let me upload a CV when it was a word doc but would if i tried it using notepad or .txt.

Not sure why that is tho

Comment

Monster is the most unfriendly site to work with compared to places like jobsite, IMHO.

Monster it's all stupid flash content & adverts, does not help.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
        Anyone else having problems applying for roles on Jobs(w)erve today?

Am getting the following messages:

"Error while trying to process the uploaded CV"

"Please correct the errors highlighted below"

"No CV has been attached to this application"

It looks like someone is messing up the back end stuff. Anyone else getting similar problems on Jobs(w)erve?

Yes - anoying. Means I have to speak to the pimps direct, but prehaps that is not a bad thing, is it?
        Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          Monster is the most unfriendly site to work with compared to places like jobsite, IMHO.

Monster it's all stupid flash content & adverts, does not help.
          I must admit what you are saying are some of the reasons why I don't use Monstor. Also, their site has been broken into a few times, so it makes me a bit unconfortable using it. But, in times of need, when a contract is needed, one can't be choosy.
          If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by zara_backdog View Post
            Yes - anoying. Means I have to speak to the pimps direct, but prehaps that is not a bad thing, is it?
            I always speak to the pimps.... I have (in the past) sent cvs via the linky-things but never get a response...

Nowadays (when looking seriously rather than just trawling) I even google the Pimp for a contact number when they don't put one on.

I rely on the fact that my charm and personality* will give me an edge of just being a single cv hidden within 00s of Emails.....

* Well dogged, thick skinned persistance!

Comment

Originally posted by zara_backdog View Post
              Whenever I speak to the pimp, they tell me to send them my cv and leave them alone. So it's not always a good thing.
              If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
                Whenever I speak to the pimp, they tell me to send them my cv and leave them alone. So it's not always a good thing.
                Yeah, but that's just cos they don't like you

Comment

Originally posted by deckster View Post
                  Yeah, but that's just cos they don't like you
                  Lucky I don't do Christmas Cards. .

I'm always unloved. Even my parents are looking to throw me out onto the streets.

Comment

I hate Monster also ... never use it.

My mainstay is cwjobs, jobserve and jobsite ... but in reality most of these have the same jobs anyhow!

Comment

And Monster has been hacked twice. Balls to putting any personal details on there now mad

Comment

Working...
                      X