• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Newcastle Upon Tyne"

Collapse

• thelace
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Um, I don't think their in ebriation is the key factor here.

Good point...

Must have had one too many myself last night

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by thelace View Post
    Nope, there's some that still look like the "fat slags" even after 11.

God knows what they look like when they're sober
    Um, I don't think their in ebriation is the key factor here.

Leave a comment:

• thelace
    replied
    Nope, there's some that still look like the "fat slags" even after 11.

God knows what they look like when they're sober

Leave a comment:

• mailric
    replied
    anyone noticed that not all the birds look like Cheryl Cole... until after 11pm

strange that

Leave a comment:

• thelace
    replied
    Let me know the dates and the type of music you like and I'll give you a full run down of what's going on?

The pub music scene is quite healthy, but not necessarily in the town centre or down the quayside.

Good beer abounds though if you know where to look.

And if you like jailbait, there's always the Bigg Market

Leave a comment:

• wurzel
    replied
    What're you after Wurzel?

Pubs like those I listed in the original post basically. Nothing artificial, perhaps some live music, pool table , good beer etc. Broken Doll would have fitted the bill but apparently it's been demolished to make way for a bypass or something!

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied

There's pubs for every desire....

If it's real ale pubs you like, The Bridge is always good, as is the Bodega, Newcastle Arms, The Crown Pasada and even the Duke of Wellington.

For disco pubs, perhaps someone else can chip in?

+1

Leave a comment:

• thelace
    replied

There's pubs for every desire....

If it's real ale pubs you like, The Bridge is always good, as is the Bodega, Newcastle Arms, The Crown Pasada and even the Duke of Wellington.

For disco pubs, perhaps someone else can chip in?

Leave a comment:

• wurzel
    replied
    Originally posted by Sausage Surprise View Post
    Changed a hell of lot since the 80's. You've now got distinct drinking areas like The Quayside, The Gate, Haymarket and of course the Bigg Market.

More bridges as well.
    Quayside was ok - is the Cooperage still there?

Leave a comment:

• Sausage Surprise
    replied
    Originally posted by wurzel View Post
    Got to spend a weekend up there in a few weeks. Went to Uni there back in the 80's and thought I'd have a nostalgic evening out though it
    would seem that all my favourite old haunts no longer exist - The Broken Doll,Strawberry, Barley Mow, Farmers Arms. It would seem that even the Hotspur is some kind of gastro pub now. Where do the sorts of people who used to frequent such places go these days? Can't all be Yates Wine Bar and Durty Nellies can it?
    Changed a hell of lot since the 80's. You've now got distinct drinking areas like The Quayside, The Gate, Haymarket and of course the Bigg Market.

More bridges as well.

Leave a comment:

• NiceUpNorth
    replied
    Strawberry is still there.....
    Hotspur is not too bad still, but it has lost its vibe a bit. 3 Bulls is always full

The Gate complex is very popular.

Quay-side is as busy as its always been.......

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Don’t go… they'll take the piss out of your funny accent.

Leave a comment:

• wurzel
    started a topic Newcastle Upon Tyne

Newcastle Upon Tyne

Got to spend a weekend up there in a few weeks. Went to Uni there back in the 80's and thought I'd have a nostalgic evening out though it
    would seem that all my favourite old haunts no longer exist - The Broken Doll, Strawberry, Barley Mow, Farmers Arms. It would seem that even the Hotspur is some kind of gastro pub now. Where do the sorts of people who used to frequent such places go these days? Can't all be Yates Wine Bar and Durty Nellies can it?

Working...
X