• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Just wondering

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Just wondering"

Collapse

• BrowneIssue
    replied
    Originally posted by Drewster View Post
    We need a 2nd Poll to see what/which option will win the 1st Poll!!!!
    What's the prize? I like prizes.

Leave a comment:

• Gravy Train
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    "Contractor UK, the IT Contractor Portal"

I wonder if IT will win the poll?

This poll wasn't supposed to be a competition! I set it up to see if there were any other Finance contractors who use the site because a lot of what i read here applies to me too and we don't have anywhere of our own to go boo-hoo.

Leave a comment:

• Drewster
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

We need a 2nd Poll to see what/which option will win the 1st Poll!!!!

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    It says at the top

Leave a comment:

• thelace
    replied
    'elf an safety innit!

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Proffesional trouble maker ( as of about 30 mins ago )

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    My main job is government advisor on immigration/border control matters, but they never listen so I do a bit of IT just to make ends meet

Leave a comment:

• Gravy Train
    replied
    I can add one in but think that this would scupper my chances of getting any idea of how much I am in the minority here!

Then again, i could just substitute the IT option for AndyW?!?!?

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Archangel View Post
    Polls without a witty AndyW option are usually ignored in general.
    Give him a break; he's new to the relentless stream of inanity that is CUK.

But yes, there should be an AndyW option.

Leave a comment:

• Archangel
    replied
    Polls without a witty AndyW option are usually ignored in general.

Leave a comment:

• Gravy Train
    started a poll Just wondering

Just wondering

IT
    87.50%
    Accountancy
    6.25%
    Other (pls state)
    6.25%
    I know that this is mainly an IT contractors forum (and this has probably been done before) but i was wondering how many who frequent this site are IT contractors, how many are Financial (ie Accounting background) contractors and how many are.... errrm... Other (?)

I'm a Financial type (CIMA accountant) and have found that there's lots of valuable info on this site for us types but that most of the posters seem to be of the IT ilk

I've also noticed that there are a fair few PMs on here - i think that this kind of role would fall into either being from an IT background or a Financial one

Working...
X