• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Today's Darwin award goes to ........."

Collapse

• wobbegong
    replied
    Originally posted by Drewster View Post
    You Crashed and Burned in South America because your Altimeter was shafted??

Or am I being a tad too literal
    Of course not! He drowned when it hit the sea and cartwheeled.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
    If it says you are at 40,000 feet but you can see trees, start to worry.
    Flying into Chicago a few years back and that actually happened to me. The screen said 1000 feet but I could see buildings whiz past.
    Luckily Bruce Willis was there and he set his coat on fire , which inexplicably saved us

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    One of my best friends is an Easyjet pilot on a 737 and reckons its not that clear cut.
    Should I believe him or a moron like you?
    As you seem to rejoice in other people's misfortunes, you won't mind if I wish you the worst of luck in the future and I hope your mistakes are magnified to disastrous consequences.

Your mate should not be flying a plane if he has no commonsense, and you have no commonsense either, obviously. The problem with some of these 'clever' types is that they learn all of the detail which obscures the blindingly obvious, putting the general public at enormous risk.

Please give me his surname so that I can ensure that I do not accidentally hop on one of his flights.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    This isn't just a simple mistake is it. This is a total lack of commonsense as it should be pretty obvious that the altimeter interacts with the automatic pilot, and thus if it is innacurate there is a pretty good chance of hitting planet earth, especially when landing.
    One of my best friends is an Easyjet pilot on a 737 and reckons its not that clear cut.
    Should I believe him or a moron like you?
    As you seem to rejoice in other people's misfortunes, you won't mind if I wish you the worst of luck in the future and I hope your mistakes are magnified to disastrous consequences.

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    You really are an evil brain-dead cretin aren't you?
    Are you a qualified pilot? Have you never made a mistake before?
    The difference between making a mistake as a pilot and you making mistakes in your dead-end crappy job is that people die in the former.

This isn't just a simple mistake is it. This is a total lack of commonsense as it should be pretty obvious that the altimeter interacts with the automatic pilot, and thus if it is innacurate there is a pretty good chance of hitting planet earth, especially when landing.

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    I spend a lot of time looking at the flight details on those seat monitor thingies.
    You are flying at 650 mph, heading south at an altitude of 40,000 feet.

I will be paying even more atention in future

If it says you are at 40,000 feet but you can see trees, start to worry.

Leave a comment:

• Drewster
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    You can't be too literal on here, it's the law
    Do you mean that its really literally the LAW? Or am I.....

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    .... stupid Turkish pilots.

The pilots thought that a faulty altimeter was not a problem, even though the plane was landing on automatic pilot. What idiots !!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7923782.stm
    You really are an evil brain-dead cretin aren't you?
    Are you a qualified pilot? Have you never made a mistake before?
    The difference between making a mistake as a pilot and you making mistakes in your dead-end crappy job is that people die in the former.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    You can't be too literal on here, it's the law

Leave a comment:

• Drewster
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    That happened to me on my BMW.
    You Crashed and Burned in South America because your Altimeter was shafted??

Or am I being a tad too literal

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    He had taped over a pitot tube during service and forgot to take it off.
    that happend on a submarine once, the torpedo tube water sensor got painted over. So the sailors thought the bow covers were shut and opened the tubes to load a torpedo - and whoosh - who left that fkn door open?

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    last time I flew it told me we were doing 450mph at 200 ft when we had landed. Maybe they connected up to that system?

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    I spend a lot of time looking at the flight details on those seat monitor thingies.
    You are flying at 650 mph, heading south at an altitude of 40,000 feet.

I will be paying even more atention in future

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    were you borrowing Threaded's flying BMW?

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    Turned out some grease monkey fitted the wrong part during a service.
    He had taped over a pitot tube during service and forgot to take it off.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X