• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Today's Darwin award goes to .........

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    That happened to me on my BMW.
    You Crashed and Burned in South America because your Altimeter was shafted??

Or am I being a tad too literal

Comment

You can't be too literal on here, it's the law
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
        .... stupid Turkish pilots.

The pilots thought that a faulty altimeter was not a problem, even though the plane was landing on automatic pilot. What idiots !!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7923782.stm
        You really are an evil brain-dead cretin aren't you?
        Are you a qualified pilot? Have you never made a mistake before?
        The difference between making a mistake as a pilot and you making mistakes in your dead-end crappy job is that people die in the former.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
          You can't be too literal on here, it's the law
          Do you mean that its really literally the LAW? Or am I.....

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
            I spend a lot of time looking at the flight details on those seat monitor thingies.
            You are flying at 650 mph, heading south at an altitude of 40,000 feet.

I will be paying even more atention in future

If it says you are at 40,000 feet but you can see trees, start to worry.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              You really are an evil brain-dead cretin aren't you?
              Are you a qualified pilot? Have you never made a mistake before?
              The difference between making a mistake as a pilot and you making mistakes in your dead-end crappy job is that people die in the former.

This isn't just a simple mistake is it. This is a total lack of commonsense as it should be pretty obvious that the altimeter interacts with the automatic pilot, and thus if it is innacurate there is a pretty good chance of hitting planet earth, especially when landing.

Comment

This isn't just a simple mistake is it. This is a total lack of commonsense as it should be pretty obvious that the altimeter interacts with the automatic pilot, and thus if it is innacurate there is a pretty good chance of hitting planet earth, especially when landing.
                One of my best friends is an Easyjet pilot on a 737 and reckons its not that clear cut.
                Should I believe him or a moron like you?
                As you seem to rejoice in other people's misfortunes, you won't mind if I wish you the worst of luck in the future and I hope your mistakes are magnified to disastrous consequences.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  One of my best friends is an Easyjet pilot on a 737 and reckons its not that clear cut.
                  Should I believe him or a moron like you?
                  As you seem to rejoice in other people's misfortunes, you won't mind if I wish you the worst of luck in the future and I hope your mistakes are magnified to disastrous consequences.

Your mate should not be flying a plane if he has no commonsense, and you have no commonsense either, obviously. The problem with some of these 'clever' types is that they learn all of the detail which obscures the blindingly obvious, putting the general public at enormous risk.

Please give me his surname so that I can ensure that I do not accidentally hop on one of his flights.

Comment

If it says you are at 40,000 feet but you can see trees, start to worry.
                    Flying into Chicago a few years back and that actually happened to me. The screen said 1000 feet but I could see buildings whiz past.
                    Luckily Bruce Willis was there and he set his coat on fire , which inexplicably saved us

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
                      You Crashed and Burned in South America because your Altimeter was shafted??

Or am I being a tad too literal
                      Of course not! He drowned when it hit the sea and cartwheeled.
                      The vegetarian option.

Comment

Working...
                      X