• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Question for posh Cockneys"

Collapse

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Another one.. Why can't you say Birmingham?

It always sounds like Birminam

Leave a comment:

• Jubber
    replied
    Quite ..... that's exactly how we all speak down here really. Just a put on.

My mate Vernon sounds just like Brian Sewell when he's stamping on some fuccker's head.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Apparently celebrity chef Jamie Oliver's parents speak like the Queen and Evening Standard art critic Brian Sewell, and are as rich as custard.

So I'm guessing that prior to taking up cookery he was at Eton, Oxford, and the Grenadier Guards. That being so, how come he speaks with a mockney accent?

Much the same goes for Madonna's (now ex?) husband Guy Ritchie, and most would-be cockney luvvies. I expect Vinnie Jones also has a cut glass accent on the quiet, and Ray Winstone probably speaks like a fine art dealer when he thinks no one is listening.

Leave a comment:

• TCL
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    Or the Jafaken cock-a-knee derivative aks.
    Oh, I want to hacksaw my ears off when I hear that. Specially when it comes from teenage white people.

Leave a comment:

• TCL
    replied
    Originally posted by Drewster View Post
    Are you taking the piss? Its not funny that I wowl my aws and it sounds like dwawing!!!

Post of the day, surely

Leave a comment:

• Drewster
    replied
    Originally posted by TCL View Post
    how many "R"s in the word "drawing"?
    Are you taking the piss? Its not funny that I wowl my aws and it sounds like dwawing!!!

Leave a comment:

• TCL
    replied
    how many "R"s in the word "drawing"?

1 for normal people.
    2 if you're from the south - "drawring"....FFS

I actually saw this on an official in-house Health & Safety poster someone put up in my last place: "Remember to shut your draws"

Leave a comment:

• BrianSnail
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    Somerset
    Zummerzet

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by chris79 View Post
    Sounds like Summerset?
    Somerset

Leave a comment:

• Drewster
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    Anyone south of Oxford is a Cockney

HTH
    Anyone north of Walthamstow is unintelligent

[London Drawl] Aay-un norrrf o Wawfamstaw is fik 'king wanger [/London Drawl]

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied

You do it with words such as ask
    Or the Jafaken cock-a-knee derivative aks.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    why the unnecessary extra letters?

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied

HTH

Leave a comment: