• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Ftse taken out Oct 2008 low"

Collapse

• Jubber
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    Tara Taylor.
    Came in 3rd brother. Obviously not a 'mule'. A nice little eachway punt and you would have cleaned up. Got any more?

Leave a comment:

• Svalbaard
    replied
    You should be buying natural resource stocks as prices are low as at the moment, and planning on holding them for the long term. My dividend returns on mining stocks has done me nicely on the reinvestment side this year and the stock itself will be back up and rising in a couple of years.

Bye bye mortgage.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    It's one of those I've been pilling into

Leave a comment:

• SantaClaus
    replied
    Originally posted by chef View Post
    how do you trade in real time? if you go through barclays et al then I thought you dont get real time prices
    Get a metatrader demo with ODL Markets.
    That gives you realtime fx, indices, commodities and some stocks.

I also use NinjaTrader for futures.
    Try this: http://zen-fire.com

and download the free demo.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    Good luck to you, but looks like the oil price is doing exactly what it did a few years after the 70s Opec shock to me. I.e. stagnation under recession, ehen it comes out of that, who knows
    Investment advice

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Good luck to you, but looks like the oil price is doing exactly what it did a few years after the 70s Opec shock to me. I.e. stagnation under recession, ehen it comes out of that, who knows
    Last edited by Bagpuss; 3 March 2009, 13:52.

Leave a comment:

• Liability
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    You say that but the oil price has been lower than now. What's to say lack of demand, makes it fall further?

Look where it was in the 80s and 90s recessions

http://img.thisismoney.co.uk/i/pix/2...DM_470x370.jpg

i can't see it rising significantly for a few years
    Agree - but we have something different in this situ- The collective economies are basically doing there best to spend money for regeneration [public and wider] We will not see the effects of this starting teill around October I would say as it filters through - but this will require Energy [Oil].

Again - its a punt on probability - but I have a good stop loss.

Lets see!

Leave a comment:

• Liability
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    And if it doesn't I'll come and meet you in your box by waterloo.
    We have a deal

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Liability View Post
    Go long on Oil - end of story! Money for Nothing!

If all goes well by next Feb Ill be clearing my mortgage before tax!
    And if it doesn't I'll come and meet you in your box by waterloo.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    You say that but the oil price has been lower than now. What's to say lack of demand, makes it fall further?

Look where it was in the 80s and 90s recessions

http://img.thisismoney.co.uk/i/pix/2...DM_470x370.jpg

i can't see it rising significantly for a few years
    Last edited by Bagpuss; 3 March 2009, 13:24.

Leave a comment:

• Liability
    replied
    Go long on Oil - end of story! Money for Nothing!

If all goes well by next Feb Ill be clearing my mortgage before tax!

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by chef View Post
    how do you trade in real time? if you go through barclays et al then I thought you dont get real time prices
    You don't get real time prices until you come to sell shares you own. But you don't have to proceed with your sell quote.

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
    Well, I tend to trade lighter when I have made my days profit.
    But I also trade lighter if I have a loss that day.

Good days can end in disaster if you get trigger happy.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
    Trouble is when they go down 20% and you need 4 years of dividends to get back to 1% down.
    True, but these shares haven't lost 20% from current value ever. Would be a real sheet storm if they did

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
    Made my money for the day. I think I'll reward myself with the afternoon off

PMJunkie and Saguru, enjoy the rest of your day in the office
    you'll lose it all tomorrow.

ps i like my office. it has a nice view while i surf.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X