• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Crazy hair for the office"

Collapse

• ChuckNorris
    replied
    Originally posted by lightng View Post
    Whenever I have a problem I always ask myself "What would Chuck Norris do in this situation?"
    Don't ask yourself, ask me.

Originally posted by lightng View Post
    Never fails me.
    I NEVER fail.

Leave a comment:

• lightng
    replied
    Whenever I have a problem I always ask myself "What would Chuck Norris do in this situation?". Never fails me.

Leave a comment:

• Grinder
    replied
    I suggest you get the mohawk cut, and do a reverse comb-over; with a centre parting you can comb each half of the mohawk down the side of your head.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Sometimes when I am about to enter a vicious hand-to-hand combat arena, I have a strange hairdo, to intimidate my opponents. In order to avoid problems at clientco , I have discovered that if I walk around with my kn0 b hanging out and rubbed all over with gorgonzola cheese, nobody seems to notice my hairdo

Leave a comment:

• Mehmeh
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Tell them you are doing it for comic relief and get them to sponsor you
    awesome idea, alas I'm on the mainland and don't think they will know what it is.

I'm in a suit most days, although I dress down too. I figure if I just make sure I wear a suit most of the time it will even out the silly hair on the professional scale.

Just hope I don't get a kickin....coming in with silly hair is one thing, coming in with silly hair, a broken nose, and a limp is another.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Get some felt tips and colour the rest of your head in. They will never notice honest. I do it every so often with a tash. Sometimes I draw one on just to see the funny looks I get. Obviously people are not used to seeing me with a tash.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    I'd grow a beard and go for the Mr T look. I ain't doin no performance review fool

Leave a comment:

• Pickle2
    replied
    And pocket the cash.

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Best idea so far.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by Mehmeh View Post
    Hey guys...

I do alot of kickboxing in my sparetime, and want to get a mohawk for a fight thats coming up in a few weeks.

Bad idea for the office? I'm in a fairly professional environment, but I'm a young developer.

Should I run it by clientco manager...or just screw em and do it?

What cha think?

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Hey guys...

I do alot of kickboxing in my sparetime, and want to get a mohawk for a fight thats coming up in a few weeks.

Bad idea for the office? I'm in a fairly professional environment, but I'm a young developer.

What cha think?
    Why not just get it done the day/afternoon before the fight?

One of the contractors here turned up for her interview with bright pink hair (didn't realise it was a permanent dye), and got the job. Was remembered for it for years afterwards, and subsequently re-hired many times.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    In theory, if you're a contractor then screw them. However realistically they might be a bit taken aback. Why not let them know what you're planning and gauge reactions? I have quite a big tattoo on my wrist, one on my foot, and the top of my back - all of which are quite visible depending on what I wear. I am always careful to cover them until I have been onsite for a while and am happy no one will care!

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Hey guys...

What cha think?
    Just say to them 'wanna fight about that?'

Leave a comment:

• rhubarb
    replied
    If its a concern, on the day of the fight get the mohawk done and go duff some people up.
    After the fight, shave your head.

No problem.

Rhubarb.

Leave a comment:

• Mehmeh
    started a topic Crazy hair for the office

Crazy hair for the office

Hey guys...

What cha think?

Working...
X