• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "IT Contractor Top Trumps"

Collapse

• Jubber
    replied
    Technical Skills: 8
    Management Skills: 1
    People Skills: 0
    Poofta Skills: 0
    IR35 Compliance: 7
    Boom Level: 7
    Quake III Arena Skills: 10 (wipe the floor with all you MFs)
    War Chest: 5
    Size of noddy: Ample
    Goth Stuff: 0
    AndyW Rating: Who's he?
    Car Count: 1
    Reduced Female Colleagues to tears: 2

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    planted to the ground dance swinging their hair?
    As in this at 1 min 51 sec ?

Hell yeah !

Leave a comment:

• lightng
    replied
    Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
    Cheers, I'm interested in Dance as well (as a spectator, since my MS makes me a bit too dangerous on the dancefloor...imagine a cripple breakdancing whilst doing kung fu..that's me..)
    LOL

Leave a comment:

• lightng
    replied
    Originally posted by Svalbaard View Post
    Sorry for being a bit "Cyber" but can I just confirm : 0 is bad, 10 is good... except on the Doom rating, where 0 is good (i.e. have job) and 10 is bad (i.e. enjoying the holidays).

Right?
    I think you understand my warped logic perfectly

Leave a comment:

• Svalbaard
    replied
    Sorry for being a bit "Cyber" but can I just confirm : 0 is bad, 10 is good... except on the Doom rating, where 0 is good (i.e. have job) and 10 is bad (i.e. enjoying the holidays).

Right?

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    I thought Goths did the Camden 2 step or that planted to the ground dance swinging their hair?

Leave a comment:

• Drewster
    replied
    ...imagine a cripple breakdancing whilst doing kung fu..that's me...

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    Very good BGG! That MA in creative writing is really paying off. Writing isn't my thing but I do like to express myself via the gift of contemporary dance. Expect a youtube link by way of reply.
    Cheers, I'm interested in Dance as well (as a spectator, since my MS makes me a bit too dangerous on the dancefloor...imagine a cripple breakdancing whilst doing kung fu..that's me..)

Several of my friends are in to dancing, mostly Tribal Bellydancing, and they do a lot of Gothla

Leave a comment:

• Svalbaard
    replied
    Originally posted by lightng View Post
    Doom level...

0 = I've got 5 contracts going at once. Cant take any more work as there are only 168 hours in the week.
    10 = I'm on the bench and am unlikely to get another gig ever. There is another world war coming up soon anyway so none of it makes any difference.

I guess in this case 10 isnt good
    Ahhh makes sense now...

Doom Level 5

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    That's the last time he went to Greggs

Leave a comment:

• Mr Crosby
    replied
    Technical Skills: 7
    Management Skills: 0
    IR35 Compliance: 0
    War Chest: 0
    Size of noddy: 8
    Goth Stuff: 9
    Intoxication Tolerance: 9

Leave a comment:

• lightng
    replied
    Of course !

Is there any other type ?

I opened the glove compartment with a sense of trepidation and yet hungry eagerness.

The thought of the delicate, buttery pastry melting within my lips solicited an auto-response from my saliva glands, and I threw open the lock with devilish abandon.

Either I froze, or time stood still.

We regarded each other, locked in our own time bubble, where nothing outside the barrier mattered any more.

Time, o' cruel Mistress that she is, had not been kind to my patisseried friend.

The white paper bag which had once enshrouded the tasty treat inside like a wedding gown upon a young virgin, had become despoiled with the stain of grease, having oozed from the mass within to permeate the bag.

And then there was the smell.

DEAR GOD, the SMELL !

It was like a rancid nest of rats, force-fed laxatives and goaded to live in a shoe box.

I nervously opened the bag and peered inside.

And I now know the meaning of Horror.

True, raw, unabashed horror, of the kind that strips reason and sanity to the marrow and leaves behind a gibbering mess of flesh.

Never in my wildest imaginings could I envisage that such a cruel and twisted thing be damned with life, for that is exactly what is was.

Life that made a mockery of the living, that perveted the breath of the dying, and infused the vile abomination with something in between.

It is my sincere belief that no man upon the firmament of earth should be compelled to bear witness to such abhorrence that would unhinge even the stoutest of minds.

I left the despicable horror where it lay, and returned to another version of sanity here.
    Very good BGG! That MA in creative writing is really paying off. Writing isn't my thing but I do like to express myself via the gift of contemporary dance. Expect a youtube link by way of reply.

Leave a comment:

• BrianSnail
    replied
    Technical Skills: 4
    Management Skills: 9
    IR35 Compliance: 7
    Boom Level: 7
    War Chest: 3
    Size of noddy: 7 3/4
    Goth Stuff: 7
    AndyW Rating: 3
    Car Count: 0
    Glove compartments: 2
    Manky sausage rolls: 2

Leave a comment:

• Dark Black
    replied
    Technical Skills 9
    Management Skills 3
    IR35 Compliance 7.5
    Doom Level 4
    War Chest 10

Goth Stuff 10
    Car Count 5

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    Grandmaster L40 Tauren Wizard Churchill posted : Do you by any chance mean your car's glove compartment?
    Of course !

Is there any other type ?

I opened the glove compartment with a sense of trepidation and yet hungry eagerness.

The thought of the delicate, buttery pastry melting within my lips solicited an auto-response from my saliva glands, and I threw open the lock with devilish abandon.

Either I froze, or time stood still.

We regarded each other, locked in our own time bubble, where nothing outside the barrier mattered any more.

Time, o' cruel Mistress that she is, had not been kind to my patisseried friend.

The white paper bag which had once enshrouded the tasty treat inside like a wedding gown upon a young virgin, had become despoiled with the stain of grease, having oozed from the mass within to permeate the bag.

And then there was the smell.

DEAR GOD, the SMELL !

It was like a rancid nest of rats, force-fed laxatives and goaded to live in a shoe box.

I nervously opened the bag and peered inside.

And I now know the meaning of Horror.

True, raw, unabashed horror, of the kind that strips reason and sanity to the marrow and leaves behind a gibbering mess of flesh.

Never in my wildest imaginings could I envisage that such a cruel and twisted thing be damned with life, for that is exactly what is was.

Life that made a mockery of the living, that perveted the breath of the dying, and infused the vile abomination with something in between.

It is my sincere belief that no man upon the firmament of earth should be compelled to bear witness to such abhorrence that would unhinge even the stoutest of minds.

I left the despicable horror where it lay, and returned to another version of sanity here.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X