• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "One armed TV Presenter 'scaring' kids"

Collapse

• Bagpuss
    replied
    I thought it was Glenn Hoddle

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    This actually provides an excellent teaching opportunity for ones children. Explain to them that Gods love is only given to those that surrender up their hearts. If you turn your back on the LORD then he will smite you with woes even unto severing an arm or leg or inserting Herpes. The bigger the sinner the more woes will the LORD inflict. Unless he is testing you, in which case the better you are the more woes will be visited unto ye.

E. Van Gelical

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
    Even if she doesn't have the full set of arms I still would
    well you aint getting a hand job

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Even if she doesn't have the full set of arms I still would

Leave a comment:

• zara_backdog
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    I was just going to post most kids will just ask "Mummy why does that lady have one arm"
    and a good parent will satisfy their curiosity. I don't have kids so decided not to post it, but it seems I was probably correct
    You are BP - unfortunately some parents will not know how to answer the question with ease.

Leave a comment:

• Torran
    replied
    the new CBBC trainees aren't very good though. Nowt to do with arm numbers.

Leave a comment:

• moorfield
    replied
    Originally posted by _V_ View Post
    She is scary.

and rubbish too.
    Not as scary as Granny Murray. She is sinister.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    I was just going to post most kids will just ask "Mummy why does that lady have one arm"
    and a good parent will satisfy their curiosity. I don't have kids so decided not to post it, but it seems I was probably correct

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    I noticed it the other day, pointed it out to my 3 year old daughter and explained to her that some people do not have 2 arms and 2 legs and that we were lucky that we do etc. She just took it on board and it didn't bother her in the slightest. Kids have an amazing capacity for learning and as long as things are explained in a way that shows they are not "scary" then they'll be fine with it. I find the complaints moronic.

Leave a comment:

• lightng
    replied
    Some randoms posted on a forum ... and that passes for news these days.

Small mindedness on a forum? I've never seen that before.

Leave a comment:

• wurzel
    replied
    It smacks of those women who complained about those injured Iraq war veterans using their local pool because their kids were spooked by their missing limbs. Disgraceful really.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    They were takling about it on radio 2 there, some one had sent in a quote..

"at first the kids were troubled with it but now I am really happy with it"

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Yep, We need a normal specification, if anyone deviates from average they will be shot. Let's celebrate the normal it's such a great thing to be.

Too tall, too fat, too clever, too alternative, err we dont want dat innit
    Last edited by Bagpuss; 23 February 2009, 13:03.

Leave a comment:

• b0redom
    replied
    Surprised that they complain about this relativly new presenter when 'Something Special' has been being aired for at least as long as our 2 year old has watched (probably 12 months+).

Personally I reckon it's good for kids to see people who are different from themselves. At least I can see any arm in it....

imgc

Leave a comment:

• BrowneIssue
    replied
    They're quite right to complain. Let's ban all the abnormal people from the media. They set a bad example.

And abnormal people shouldn't be allowed out during daylight either in case they frighten the children or the horses.

We need a Normal People Commission Agency set up at once to monitor this stuff.

In fact, why don't we set up camps for such people ... no better than Nazis ... Godwin's Law ...

Damn. The parents were right.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X