• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Stupid people

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Stupid people"

Collapse

• Cyberman
    replied
    All I can say to the ignorant few is, by all means ignore advice and do your own thing. Just don't expect to be able to sue the airline for your own negligence.

Leave a comment:

• Coalman
    replied
    Originally posted by cupidstunt View Post
    You didn't bang your head really hard a few times in that incident by any chance did you?
    Silly question - he wouldn't have noticed!

Leave a comment:

• cupidstunt
    replied
    Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
    Having suffered extreme turbulence on a flight from Australia to England in 1989, where the plane dropped thousands of feet twice in seconds and I though I was going to die, and a number of people suffered broken bones, I do regard myself as somewhat of an 'expert' on this subject. Fortunately, I was wearing my seatbelt.
    You didn't bang your head really hard a few times in that incident by any chance did you?

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
    Air turbulence, economics, politics....is there nothing cyberknowall isn't an "expert" on?

Having suffered extreme turbulence on a flight from Australia to England in 1989, where the plane dropped thousands of feet twice in seconds and I though I was going to die, and a number of people suffered broken bones, I do regard myself as somewhat of an 'expert' on this subject. Fortunately, I was wearing my seatbelt.

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    It also clearly states that the fasten seatbelts sign wasn't lit until a few seconds before turbulence hit.

( I keep my seatbelt on at all times, unless I'm needed to walk around for whatever reason - even then, I'm aware that I could fly at any moment... )

Just goes to show that a bit of commonsense is missing in all cultures.

Leave a comment:

• PM-Junkie
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    It also clearly states that the fasten seatbelts sign wasn't lit until a few seconds before turbulence hit.

( I keep my seatbelt on at all times, unless I'm needed to walk around for whatever reason - even then, I'm aware that I could fly at any moment... )
    Air turbulence, economics, politics....is there nothing cyberknowall isn't an "expert" on?

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    It's commonsense that if a person is sitting they wear their seatbelt. I always keep mine buckled when I am in my seat, regardless of where the plane is. Many people sleep without their seatbelts, and this is plainly stupidity, as dangerous turbulence can happen at any time.

The article states that the plane was circling, and thus it is obvious that it is due to land. Thus, passengers should be in their seats with seatbelts fastened.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    I have nothing but utter contempt for cretins who make crass assumptions and generalisations and revel in the misfortunes of others.
    You really are a first rate village idiot.
    Third

Leave a comment:

• ace00
    replied
    Originally posted by cupidstunt View Post
    WHS
    +1

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    oops
    Last edited by Bagpuss; 20 February 2009, 13:09.

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    are you seriously suggesting that turbulence can happen when you are asleep ?

Strange but true.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Many people sleep without their seatbelts, and this is plainly stupidity, as dangerous turbulence can happen at any time.

are you seriously suggesting that turbulence can happen when you are asleep ?

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    Everyone on this thread.

It's just one person posting!
    No it isn't. I only have one ID

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    It's commonsense that if a person is sitting they wear their seatbelt. I always keep mine buckled when I am in my seat, regardless of where the plane is. Many people sleep without their seatbelts, and this is plainly stupidity, as dangerous turbulence can happen at any time.

The article states that the plane was circling, and thus it is obvious that it is due to land. Thus, passengers should be in their seats with seatbelts fastened.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Yes I am.
    Did you have a successful day with the lawyers yesterday? Do you need a Boomed thread? Is there a 'news' section on the SKA homepage where I can read all about it?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X