• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Nationwide House Price Index for Feb - Poll"

Collapse

• Cyberman
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    They have a jolly good service to Paddington. Which is not much good until crossrail is built. Is it due in 2018?

There is also a line from Reading to Waterloo, but I don't live in Reading so I don't know about the 2018 question. It sounds like a train-time to me.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
    I agree. Reading is pretty scummy, and I would be concerned if I lived in such a hole.
    They have a jolly good service to Paddington. Which is not much good until crossrail is built. Is it due in 2018?

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    Reading is pretty scummy, I'm surprised you have the cheek to ask for 1500 pcm

I agree. Reading is pretty scummy, and I would be concerned if I lived in such a hole.

Leave a comment:

• JamieMoles
    replied
    It's funny how car exotica has hardly changed in price yet as you imply basic housing has hit luxury prices.

Late 80s.. A Ferrari or a nice 3 bed house in the burbs
    Today: a Ferrari or a Bedsit in Hackney?
    Tomorrow: a Ferrari or a full terrace of houses in Sheffield....

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    .... or a 4 bed detached home in Berkshire
    But would I have a drawing room and 1/4-mile driveway, with gate to keep the public away?

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Reading is pretty scummy, I'm surprised you have the cheek to ask for 1500 pcm

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    What does £1500/month get you? Round here it would be something pretty special I imagine.
    Like the east, or west wing of a stately home... including use of the grounds.

.... or a 4 bed detached home in Berkshire

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    I will soon have no mortgage but a nice monthly income from the rent of approx. 1500 per month.
    What does £1500/month get you? Round here it would be something pretty special I imagine.
    Like the east, or west wing of a stately home... including use of the grounds.

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    You might not know this, but you can transfer your pension to another EU country. If you do this, after 5 years you take the whole pot (100%) as a lump sum tax free.

You think he'll be paying tax?

You really are a chump.

I would imagine that he needs it right now... He'll be paying tax when he spends it and also when he dies in inheritance tax. You lefties are always jealous of others' successes. Get a grip !!

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    He'll be paying shedloads of tax on that, especially after the next round of Labour tax rises.
    You might not know this, but you can transfer your pension to another EU country. If you do this, after 5 years you take the whole pot (100%) as a lump sum tax free.

You think he'll be paying tax?

You really are a chump.

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    It doesn't beat Sir Fred Goodfornothing's pension.

He'll be paying shedloads of tax on that, especially after the next round of Labour tax rises.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    It doesn't beat Sir Fred Goodfornothing's pension.

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    The price of property is only relevant if you are buying or selling. The only people selling at the moment are those that over-extended themselves or are being repossessed. Personally, I will soon have no mortgage but a nice monthly income from the rent of approx. 1500 per month. That is the real benefit of owning property. It beats a pension, and I recommend it to all of you !!

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    A couple of what?
    gay knob ends. HTH.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    That's good, I didn't even know you were a couple
    A couple of what?