• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "At Mass on Sunday....."

Collapse

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
    Heaven and hell don't exist. Sorry.
    You've not been to Slough then.

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    Originally posted by expat View Post
    You know, I think I trust you, but that doesn't look like a URL that I'd normally click on
    Being the gluttonous contractor that I am, I was looking for the web site to Heston's Fat Duck, and mistakenly tried fatduck.com. Be careful with this - clientco's proxy told me I was looking for p0rn

Leave a comment:

• FSM with Cheddar
    replied
    Originally posted by expat View Post
    You know, I think I trust you, but that doesn't look like a URL that I'd normally click on
    XKCD = the meaning of life

Tis a great geek cartoon series.

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by FSM with Cheddar View Post
    I'm going to heaven for the weather, and hell for the company
    Sounds like permie talk to me.

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
    So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
    blue skies from pain.
    Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
    A smile from a veil?
    Do you think you can tell?

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    The devil DOES write the best tunes

Leave a comment:

• FSM with Cheddar
    replied
    I'm going to heaven for the weather, and hell for the company

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Ye're all Sinners!

Repent, repent!

Or ye're all going to burn!
    Tell me something I dont know!!

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I am sure St Paul mentioned it his his letters though : I think most Christians follow the new testament whether said by Jesus or not?
    Paul did mention homosexual acts. Most Christians follow the NT, or at least they follow an interpretation of it. Rather than the above

But d000hg is correct when he says that to understand Christianity, you have to have knowledge of the old testament. The NT needs the context of the OT. Jesus and Paul were always referring back to it.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by FSM with Cheddar View Post
    Well if that is the case. Jesus did not mention homosexuality at all. Therefore Christians have no grounds for homophobia.
    I am sure St Paul mentioned it his his letters though : I think most Christians follow the new testament whether said by Jesus or not?

Leave a comment:

• FSM with Cheddar
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    No, Christians don't follow any laws from Leviticus. A true Christian only follows the word of Jesus Christ.
    Well if that is the case. Jesus did not mention homosexuality at all. Therefore Christians have no grounds for homophobia.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Sorry, BrilloPad, your next door totty is off limits!

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Jesus is a Jew... well his mother was, so that makes him one.

The first Christians were all Jews. But Gentiles were included very soon after pentecost.

The council of Jerusalem was where it was decided that gentile Christians didn't have to keep to the dietary laws or be circumcised. Just to not eat animals that had been strangled, or eat/drink blood and to refrain from fornication.

Sorry, BrilloPad, your next door totty is off limits!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X