• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Careful who you shake hands with today!"

Collapse

• wc2
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan
    I did have to go to a meeting the other day where the particular person in question had shafted me for a lot of money recently as part of a negotiation as part of my retail business.

Anyway, as part of this second meeting I decided the only thing I could do at the moment was to go for the old favourite clammy hand approach.

As I walked up the stairs to the meeting, I slipped my hand down the back of my trousers, held it between my greasy arse cheeks, took it back out, walked around the corner and then shook hands with the person in question, smiling and holding their hand firm in mine for a good ten seconds while shaking.

I almost wet myself laughing when I left.

Its the small things in life.

Nice one, I think I might also use that one.

Got a customer winging at me beacause their service contract has gone up by a wopping £26.50 a month.

I think a goodbye meeting is called for... shake shake

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Clammy Hands

I did have to go to a meeting the other day where the particular person in question had shafted me for a lot of money recently as part of a negotiation as part of my retail business.

Anyway, as part of this second meeting I decided the only thing I could do at the moment was to go for the old favourite clammy hand approach.

As I walked up the stairs to the meeting, I slipped my hand down the back of my trousers, held it between my greasy arse cheeks, took it back out, walked around the corner and then shook hands with the person in question, smiling and holding their hand firm in mine for a good ten seconds while shaking.

I almost wet myself laughing when I left.

Its the small things in life.

Leave a comment:

• TwoWolves
    replied
    During a lengthy contract in Belgium I did start to notice that it was not a common habit to wash your hands afterwards, however there was an explanation for this.

1) Most wash-rooms in Belgium are so filthy that attempting to wash you hands would make them dirtier.

2) In public places there is some granny demanding 50c for the use of the convenience, so you get lots of "runners".

I did get ill there quite a lot.

Leave a comment:

• GiGo
    replied
    Originally posted by The Late, Great JC
    If I were you I'd lay of the chocolate...
    Now that's a bad case of not washing ones hands.

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded
    I actually carry several pairs of latex gloves in my bag.

Usually they've just for when I have bicycle problems: manage to knock the chain off, have a flat tire etc.
    or a quick w&nk with some WD40

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Mind you just think of all the grubby paws which have been on the ATM keyboards, hmm think I will use gloves next time !
    I actually carry several pairs of latex gloves in my bag.

Usually they've just for when I have bicycle problems: manage to knock the chain off, have a flat tire etc.

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Originally posted by Clownio
    Oh tulip. He must have been talking about me. I left myself logged in last night !

What was he saying ?
    Relax Clownio, he was probably just drafting a hit list to serve as a lesson to others ...

Back on thread, I recall when I worked in Paris they had a peculiar custom of shaking hands every morning with everybody who happened to reside in the open plan office, this meant about 15 handshakes a day.

Whilst working there I went down with an awful flu which dragged on for a month and still felt under par fro another two months afterwards.

Coincidence ?

Mind you just think of all the grubby paws which have been on the ATM keyboards, hmm think I will use gloves next time !

Leave a comment:

• Clownio
    replied
    Originally posted by steve'O
    Are you a Washer or a Walker?

I was just having a 15min break in Trap 2, calculating how much I was being paid for sitting there, when I noticed the guy in Trap 1 had flushed and just walked.!!..Then my manager walked in to take a leak (I knew it was him cos he is loud..talking about someone being logged on overnight) and he just walked as well!! Needless to say I wipe and make sure I wash...So I guess its no suprise that MRSA is on the increase!!

Oh tulip. He must have been talking about me. I left myself logged in last night !

What was he saying ?

Leave a comment:

• WageSlave
    replied
    I prefer to spray the walls. It marks my territory.

Leave a comment:

• The Late, Great JC
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded
    I am never ever ever eating peanuts in a bar ever again.

Unless it is covered in chocolate.

If I were you I'd lay of the chocolate...

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    I am never ever ever eating peanuts in a bar ever again.

Unless it is covered in chocolate.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth
    Check out some of the articles on web about this. Apparently human faecal comtamination is widespread. Avoid bowls of peanuts in bars especially!
    That's one they quote on Health and Safety training seminars. The average bowl has on average several traces of urine.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Check out some of the articles on web about this. Apparently human faecal comtamination is widespread. Avoid bowls of peanuts in bars especially!

Leave a comment:

• mcquiggd
    replied

I hate that.. I always levitate above the toilet seat and walk on loo roll wearing an oxygen mask when visiting the gents.

Its the ones that dont supply loo brushes that annoy me... skid marks everywhere...

Dirty ba$tards, those managers...

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    dirty ba$tered.....name and shame....name and shame.......

Leave a comment:

Working...
X