• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: six nations

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "six nations"

Collapse

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    Sad to say it as an Englishman, but Wales looked a lot better than us and a class above Scotland until they brought all those subs on for a run-out.

Still, it's like the 1970s all over again, but without Led Zeppelin. Or did we agree on another band?

Labour government + a bit of economic uncertainty = great Wales rugby team?
    It's worse than that. Wales now have two guys called 'Williams' AND a 'Bennett' in their team. Rumour has it they're scouring the valleys for some talented brothers called 'Edwards', and when they find them, we're all up Shytte Creek without a paddle.

Leave a comment:

• Mustang
    replied
    Sad to say it as an Englishman, but Wales looked a lot better than us and a class above Scotland until they brought all those subs on for a run-out.

Still, it's like the 1970s all over again, but without Led Zeppelin. Or did we agree on another band?

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    You were writing off Ireland only a few weeks ago, and I seem to remember warning never to write off Ireland. Wales looked impressive against weak opposition while England had an impressive score, largely thanks to Italy picking a flanker at scrum half, but Ireland beat a tough opponent in a genuinely tough game. That made Ireland the most impressive side for me.
    That was before we beat France... I didn't think we would!

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    I was very impressed with Halfpenny, Roberts and Byrne at the weekend. All three are young guys and so it will be good to see how they handle the English. Welsh pack were awesome but also a good deal heavier than the Scots.

Just hoping the little fella's ankle will be ok. (Mrs PL recons he's like the kid from the incredibles) Anyone know the latest on Henson? Will he be match fit?
    This is it; the Welsh pack were indeed very impressive, but England always have a strong pack, often the strongest in the 6 nations. The ability to simply deny possession to your opponent is not very attractive to watch, but still a bloody effective way to win rugby matches.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    If it's any consolation, Joe Worsley and Mike Tindall are back. Not men to be messed with. The Welsh backs might meet up with a couple of pretty big tacklers.
    I was very impressed with Halfpenny, Roberts and Byrne at the weekend. All three are young guys and so it will be good to see how they handle the English. Welsh pack were awesome but also a good deal heavier than the Scots.

Just hoping the little fella's ankle will be ok. (Mrs PL recons he's like the kid from the incredibles) Anyone know the latest on Henson? Will he be match fit?

Leave a comment:

• Bear
    replied
    If it's any consolation, Joe Worsley and Mike Tindall are back. Not men to be messed with. The Welsh backs might meet up with a couple of pretty big tacklers.
    Fair point - we might not lose by quite as much then!!

Still no real attacking options - unless a different A Goode comes out onto the pitch

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Bear View Post
    Agreed - the scariest thing for me was that Scotland playing the way they did against Wales were good enough to beat England.

Wooden spoon anyone?

Leave a comment:

• Bear
    replied
    Ireland beat a tough opponent in a genuinely tough game. That made Ireland the most impressive side for me.
    Agreed - the scariest thing for me was that Scotland playing the way they did against Wales were good enough to beat England.

Wooden spoon anyone?

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    I reckon Ireland have got a fighting chance this year.
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    WSS
    You were writing off Ireland only a few weeks ago, and I seem to remember warning never to write off Ireland. Wales looked impressive against weak opposition while England had an impressive score, largely thanks to Italy picking a flanker at scrum half, but Ireland beat a tough opponent in a genuinely tough game. That made Ireland the most impressive side for me.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    "I haven't felt that good since Archie Gemmill scored against Holland in 1978!"

What government and economic conditions do I need for the likes of these days?
    That goal was one glorious spark in a debacle.

You need to go back further, to Baxter's match (you know the one) in the period when "we've never had it so good" (or thereabouts)

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    I hope not... otherwise I might be tempted to break into the BBC box and smack Jonathan (smug git) Davies in the chops....
    I'd do it anyway!

He deserves a good kicking.

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    ++1
    I hope not... otherwise I might be tempted to break into the BBC box and smack Jonathan (smug git) Davies in the chops....

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by contractor79 View Post
    I reckon Wales will do it again, they were being nice to Scotland
    ++1

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied

"I haven't felt that good since Archie Gemmill scored against Holland in 1978!"

What government and economic conditions do I need for the likes of these days?

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    awe it was awful.

There they were walking past my window, after the game like with me looking onwards at the snow covered street, yattering in a language that was to me, I mean do the really understand each other or are they just taking the pish?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X