• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Kitty names

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Kitty names"

Collapse

• bogeyman
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Our elder cat, now 17 and rather decrepit, caught a mouse in the garage yesterday. I was quite amazed at his athleticism as he sprinted out from under a cupboard with the mouse hanging from his jaw. The younger cat, 9 and rather fitter, then stole it and ate part of it, before deciding it didn’t meet her exacting requirements and wandering off in a huff. Meanwhile, elder cat was enjoying the foie gras I dropped while making some snacks for Mrs Tester and myself. Age and guile…
    He's proving to you that he is still top cat.

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Ours killed a squirrel (with the aid of neighbour's cat) and bought a dead rat into house. Regulars for pigeons, birds, frogs, mice. Living and dead.

Mrs BP is huge cat fan. In HK she lived on llama and helped at their cat sanctuary. Mother cat died giving birth and she handed reared 6 kittens : they had to be fed every 2 hours!

Not sure I am keen : but Mrs BP always gets her way. Like most women really.
    I've never seen a cat kill a squirrel. The squizzers are usually far too quick for the cats.

I remember years ago a fat old tom belonging to my neighbour getting stuck halfway up a tree. He was overcome by his bloodlust, but undone by his lack of agility.

The squirrels came down the tree (upsidedown) and chattered at, and scolded the poor old moggy. I swear the squirrels were laughing at him.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Ours killed a squirrel (with the aid of neighbour's cat) and bought a dead rat into house. Regulars for pigeons, birds, frogs, mice. Living and dead.

Mrs BP is huge cat fan. In HK she lived on llama and helped at their cat sanctuary. Mother cat died giving birth and she handed reared 6 kittens : they had to be fed every 2 hours!

Our elder cat, now 17 and rather decrepit, caught a mouse in the garage yesterday. I was quite amazed at his athleticism as he sprinted out from under a cupboard with the mouse hanging from his jaw. The younger cat, 9 and rather fitter, then stole it and ate part of it, before deciding it didn’t meet her exacting requirements and wandering off in a huff. Meanwhile, elder cat was enjoying the foie gras I dropped while making some snacks for Mrs Tester and myself. Age and guile…

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    I don't understand the attraction of cats. But, I think you should call them Tess and Tickle.
    Good call. How about Jenny and Tallwarts?

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    I don't understand the attraction of cats. But, I think you should call them Tess and Tickle.

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
    How about Bagpuss and Lucy?
    I did actually suggest Crystal Tips and Alistair, but to no avail..

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
    God. How long has Mrs BP kept cats?

I have experienced (variously) over the years:

1) Back half of a mole left next to my slippers

2) A live mole in the kitchen (they can't get traction on quarry tiles so the 'swim' around in mad circles.

3) A live and completely uninjured baby rabbit in my bathroom

4) A badly mauled, nearly-bald, woodpigeon and a ton of feathers in my bedroom (had to perform a mercy killing)

5) A vast, nauseating-looking rat that looked like it had been machine-gunned in some gangster bloodbath, under the sofa in my study.

Cats eh? Brilliant (but bastards as well).

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Mrs BP wants both her cats put down!

She found a mouses's head on the driveway : took a photo to show kids in case decideed to eat it.

Upon going inside she found cat had eaten the rest and then thrown up bits of fur, claws, stomach etc. She used to be a carer and is used to sicly scenes : but this one turned her stomach.

I was so upset I was not at home to clear up the mess.
    God. How long has Mrs BP kept cats?

I have experienced (variously) over the years:

1) Back half of a mole left next to my slippers

2) A live mole in the kitchen (they can't get traction on quarry tiles so the 'swim' around in mad circles.

3) A live and completely uninjured baby rabbit in my bathroom

4) A badly mauled, nearly-bald, woodpigeon and a ton of feathers in my bedroom (had to perform a mercy killing)

5) A vast, nauseating-looking rat that looked like it had been machine-gunned in some gangster bloodbath, under the sofa in my study.

Cats eh? Brilliant (but bastards as well).

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    How about Bagpuss and Lucy?

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    How about "Spermbank" and "Repository"?

Or Jezebel and Ahab.

Or Greebo and You.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Mrs BP wants both her cats put down!

She found a mouses's head on the driveway : took a photo to show kids in case decideed to eat it.

Upon going inside she found cat had eaten the rest and then thrown up bits of fur, claws, stomach etc. She used to be a carer and is used to sicly scenes : but this one turned her stomach.

I was so upset I was not at home to clear up the mess.

Leave a comment:

• thelace
    replied
    You will have to remember both you and Mr P may have to stand at the door calling their names from time to time

Don't embarrass yourselves with Mr Snuffykins or anything of that ilk?

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    Clearly the boy should be called Quotable
    the girl cat should be Triple S

Reasons for the boy - two quote marks make him a quotable quotes, as a contractor, all your time is quotable and he will want all of your time

Reasons for the girl, Apart from the Archaeopteryx , the tortoise has the most aerodynamic shape in the animal kingdom, so a tortoise/cat should go like sh 1 t off a shiney shovel

Hmm disturbing as it may be, you and I think the same - well from the point of view of naming the little white moggie anyway.
    The first name I suggested was Quotes - but Mr P was not keen.
    Triple S - I think we'll pass on that one

I do remember we used to sell Triple A pale ale in the pub though - I believe it was very strong.

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    It’s not difficult and I think your wishes can be satisfied in two easy steps.

1 Get a cat.
    2 Give it your chosen name.
    There are a couple of small issues. I live in a second floor apartment. I plan on emigrating to Oz before the end of the year. Think I'll wait a while

Leave a comment:

Working...
X