• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Waddya want for breakfast?"

Collapse

• voodooflux
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    left over pizza or chinese is another option
    Domino's Texas BBQ FTW

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
    Where's the curry option?

A beef madras and a cup of good coffee and you can take on anything.
    left over pizza or chinese is another option

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    Where's the curry option?

A beef madras and a cup of good coffee and you can take on anything.

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    I never really liked the ones my mother made, but am very happy to buy the paul rankin ones and slather them in butter. mmmmmm
    Same here...I'll have them toasted if I can't have them fried... but I prefer fried - a heart attack in a snack!!

The Dunnes own brand ones aren't bad either.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    I already said potato cake....
    I never really liked the ones my mother made, but am very happy to buy the paul rankin ones and slather them in butter. mmmmmm

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Also, a preferable alternative to hash-browns for me, is to find some left-over mashed potato, mold into palm-sized cakes, and fry for a couple of minutes on each side. With a decent non-stick pan, they will hold together and form a delicious cooked skin on each side.

These go absolutely beautifully with scrambled egg and a couple of sausages.
    I already said potato cake....

Leave a comment:

• BrowneIssue
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I like my eggs fried please. And could I have ketchup with it?
    Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
    Ketchup, brown sauce, sos coch are on the table over there.
    Help yourself.

Leave a comment:

• DS23
    replied
    there - my order is in.

and that tinned tomatoes thing is bad. real bad.

you need to break out of this anti-fruit-league thing and taste the beauty of real tomatoes.
    Last edited by DS23; 3 February 2009, 18:17. Reason: & gah!

Leave a comment:

• DS23
    replied
    hmmm thanks but no thanks. i'll order a cooked one instead.

Leave a comment:

• BrowneIssue
    replied
    Originally posted by DS23 View Post
    got any marmite to go on the toast?
    Run your fingernail down the badly fitting join in the counter.

No charge.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    I like my eggs fried please. And could I have ketchup with it?

Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• DS23
    replied
    got any marmite to go on the toast?

Leave a comment:

• BrowneIssue
    replied
    Originally posted by ferret View Post
    WHS
    You're on decaf, mate. Or this stuff since I have a bottle under the counter.

Also, a preferable alternative to hash-browns for me, is to find some left-over mashed potato
    I cannot abide hash browns nor chips with breakfast. But fried mashed spud, yumski!

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Also, a preferable alternative to hash-browns for me, is to find some left-over mashed potato, mold into palm-sized cakes, and fry for a couple of minutes on each side. With a decent non-stick pan, they will hold together and form a delicious cooked skin on each side.

It's what we in Ireland call "potato cakes", lovely with lots of butter on them

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X