• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Did you make it it work today?"

Collapse

• BrowneIssue
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    traffic on CUK was lighter than usual yesterday, was there any gritting done ?
    Does the internet need gritting? We must be getting near the annual internet shut-down-and-clear-out time. 8th Feb, isn't it?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied

The "Council Gritters" were out in force as usual.

fnar fnar.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Roads oop norf are quiet, it's because the schools have been closed
    And alot of building sites are closed. And Ocado aren't delivering. etcetc.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Roads oop norf are quiet, it's because the schools have been closed

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Nice and clear in central LOndon today. I got a taxi in again : but he has to go to a funeral so have to make my own way home.

Luckily trains are running again : half hourly service on my line so I should be okay getting home.

Leave a comment:

• Archangel
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    I love the snow and I love driving in it. Got up early because I know the traffic is slower. Had fun watching cars trying to get up the hill near me. The drivers think that if they get stuck they need to accelerate more! I hope the snow lasts.
    I've just been caught behind 4 cars, at the front was some idiot driving at about 10mph. I wouldn't mind, but the roads have been gritted!

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    I love the snow and I love driving in it. Got up early because I know the traffic is slower. Had fun watching cars trying to get up the hill near me. The drivers think that if they get stuck they need to accelerate more! I hope the snow lasts.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    I was planning to do some stuff to (hopefully) impress a potential client of some importance, but the electricity failed mid-afternoon

One might expect that, being adjacent to a Pelican crossing on a busy road and next door to a doctor's surgery (both of which were also fscked), the leccy people might have sorted things out quite rapidly.

But no - it's only just been sorted in the early hours of the morning
    Last edited by NickFitz; 3 February 2009, 03:04.

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    I was in and half the permies had called in sick!!!. Nice easy drive into work, and a nice easy drive home until I got off the main roads round where I live. The ****ers haven't gritted!!!!

In the end I had to leave my car about a mile from home and go back this evening with a spade to dig some snow out of the way in an attempt to get traction. Took me an hour to get it home.

If they haven't done any gritting tomorrow I suspect I shall be staying at home. I admit it's good fun driving sideways down the roads, but not so fun when you get stuck in a slippery bit with your wheels just spinning away....

Leave a comment:

• ferret
    replied
    All I had to do was put my cacks and wife-beater on and walk downstairs

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Nope.

There is only so many times I can be coughed on and squashed under fat men's armpits.

And I would have had to go by river to finish my journey.

Leave a comment:

• eliquant
    replied
    2.5 hours on the London Underground train for a journey that in no-snow conditions would take me 1hour 20 mins to walk !

Leave a comment:

• RSoles
    replied
    No snow here this morning.
    Now tomorrow will be a completely different story.
    If I weren't on a tulipe rate I'd give it a try.

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    I had thought about getting back to work this week, but this weather is obviously a sign from the Gods to not do such thing. I’m gonna take it easy for another week.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X