• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Plan B – WxMan on CH4 Cutting Edge 12th Feb @ 21:00"

Collapse

• Sockpuppet
    replied
    Watched this on 4OD last night. Still classic.

Your joke on the wedding day "i'm entering the eye of the storm" made me laugh.

Reminds me of my dad. Knows how far to wind my mum up then stops short of full barney mode.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    I watched it last night.

I really want to know what the reply was when he said something like “You’re holding an emotional gun to my head” on the 3rd attempt at getting her to agree that he could stay… he looked like a excitable dog that had just been kicked in the balls.

It reminded me of the many times I’ve been down the pub to watch a 2PM game only to ring Mrs Jedi asking if it was ok to stay out for the 4PM game too knowing I'd be cutting it fine for dinner.

Leave a comment:

• wxman
    replied
    LOL I just did a live interview on Radio Five live tonight - (Sun @ 23:45)

Here is is http://www.stormtrack.co.uk/video/radio5.wav (2mb)
    Last edited by wxman; 16 February 2009, 00:21.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    The trick with women is giving off the impression that you are working at the relationship when really you have done nothing. So when you get a present say 'oh do you know how hard it was to get that?' when really it was no problem at all.

SO the next few times you are away and come back drop in a casual 'oh there was another storm coming in just before we left but I remember Hannah' then when the situation arises again for real you get to pull out the 'oh I have missed 3 storms coming home early and now it's my turn'

Simples.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    You should have stayed for the second storm.
    I seem to be the only guy who thinks otherwise. I reckon it was good for him to push back but it was obvious she was really serious. Your marriage should be more important than work/hobbies (that goes both ways not just the man giving in); if most people here disagree then maybe I could cynically make some comment about the number of divorcees on UK...

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Watched it last night. Very enjoyable, although a bit suprising how much they focused on the marital aspects of storm chasing.

You should have stayed for the second storm.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by wxman View Post
    Excellent, I'm in

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Do the weather feeds you get cost? Just out of interest?

Pretty impressive the way you are getting satellite images in the car as you drive, esp projections of the storm which look to be changing every few minutes.

Leave a comment:

• wxman
    replied
    Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    PS Can I join you on your next tornado chasing tour? Been a dream of mine for years.

http://www.silverliningtours.com/

Leave a comment:

• KackAttack
    replied
    Good show, did you get paid expenses to stage a French bistro in your kitchen at the end?

Seriously, is this a guise to whack through large travel expenses via your company?

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    PS Can I join you on your next tornado chasing tour? Been a dream of mine for years.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by wxman View Post
    Storm Junkie pulled in 1.1 million viewers last night - not bad for a PlanB

Monday is back to Plan A - a small C# / SQL project that needs tweeking
    Outstanding, looking forward to part two

Leave a comment:

• wxman
    replied
    Storm Junkie pulled in 1.1 million viewers last night - not bad for a PlanB

Monday is back to Plan A - a small C# / SQL project that needs tweeking

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Just saw this on video : great program.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
    Ah well done....although I must admit I was on your side. I didn't think you were asking to be away too long personally. It's not like these storms are every week are they?

BUT I do think she's very attractive and way out of your league, so you should pretty much just accept to do anything she says forever
    Agreed. She mentioned she gets 'lonely' while you're away, where do you live

Great show all round... well made, interesting subject, and people who are really passionate.

Did you chase Katrina BTW?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X