• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Flat organisations

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Flat organisations"

Collapse

• xoggoth
    replied
    Yeh. No real financial advantage to contracting unless you are one of the talented few who also has the foresight (or luck, amazing how often time reveals foresight to be just luck!) to be in the right thing at the right time.

The just about ok contractor still has a psychological advantage maybe. Being able to say "This is tulip, I'm outa here!". I practice every weekend in Sainsburies fresh produce department.

A man's gotta do wotta man's gotta do.

Leave a comment:

• Francko
    replied
    Originally posted by voron
    No, I'm the dumb bastard on this board who makes absolutely feck all

Damn my parents for spawning an idiot child
    What complete nosense!!!! Like knowledge and value were somehow related.

Leave a comment:

• Joe Bloggs
    replied

Well, I've worked with more than my fair share of dumb bastards and idiots over the years who knew f**k all, and they managed to coin it in as well....if that makes you feel any better.

Leave a comment:

• voron
    replied
    Originally posted by Francko
    Why? You can do it too. It's so easy here.

I am coining in too.

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied
    But please do not give me the bulltulip that you have plenty of contracts to choose and lots more money in your pockets*. The 2000 crap is well over and contracting in the long run now hardly pays more.
    If you're coining it in, what's all that about then (above)?

Leave a comment:

• Francko
    replied
    Bugger!
    Why? You can do it too. It's so easy here.

I am coining in too.

Leave a comment:

• voron
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucifer Box
    No way, Jose. I'm coining it in.
    Originally posted by The Late, Great JC
    Me too!
    Bugger!

Leave a comment:

• The Late, Great JC
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucifer Box
    Me too!

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    But please do not give me the bulltulip that you have plenty of contracts to choose and lots more money in your pockets*. The 2000 crap is well over and contracting in the long run now hardly pays more.

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied
    Neither, but it's an aid to stress relief and back pain apparently...

Leave a comment:

• The Late, Great JC
    replied
    Originally posted by ratewhore
    Smoke a bit more weed and you'll be at peace with the world either way.

Why? Is it big and clever?

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied
    That is the pessimistic view. Theres plenty of work but ultimately plenty more candidates. Theres a load of dross out there looking for these contracts so as long as you differentiate yourself from them...

Smoke a bit more weed and you'll be at peace with the world either way.

Leave a comment:

• Francko
    replied
    Originally posted by n5gooner
    or just smoke dope.
    I reckon they are great solutions. On one thing I agree. You lead a better life as a contractor as you are generally happier for your independence.

* Of course, that doesn't apply if you are in a dodgy tax scheme where you risk to spend the rest of your life in jail or in poverty, unless you are happy to fly to New Zealand the next day.

Leave a comment:

• voron
    replied
    Flat Organisations: this has been around for quite some time. In reality, to work, the organisation should have a pretty high level of maturity.

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    Originally posted by ratewhore
    Francko - there is too much stress in your life...

...Zen my friend!!

or just smoke dope.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X