• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Come dine with me

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Come dine with me"

Collapse

• Svalbaard
    replied
    Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
    Good tactic. Has one, fairly fundamental flaw from a "getting away with it" point of view though....
    Hmmm... how to get away with it?

I don't think I'd try to. I'd happily serve a stretch (that's "served" BTW with pan fried fish fingers and pot boiled mushrooms) in chokey to watch these idiots buy the farm.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by Svalbaard View Post
    Having had the misfortune to accidently watch this carcrash of a TV programme I will assume that nobody actually pays these pituary retards to take part?

How sad, low and lacking in esteem must your life be to apply for this programme.
    Granted the contestants skills aren't up to much but the running mockery by the narrator can be quite entertaining.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    If you can be arsed, it would be amusing seeing all of your comments in one cohesive restaurant review - on whatever the NL equiv of london-eating is...
    You’ve started me on the Lindenhof in Giethoorn. Started well, with an excellent langoustine bisque; one of the best I’ve ever had. Unfortunately the Jasmine Sorbet, obviously intended to ‘cleanse the palate’, tasted like Toilet Duck, which thoroughly disinfected my palate and left my tastebuds comatose so I couldn’t taste the rest of the meal. The venison with truffle sauce and red cabbage looked nice, but in June?

Shame really, one of those restaurants where people obviously go to be seen instead of to eat good food. A bit too much Argos-bling for my taste.

A really good, top class restaurant is ‘De Librije’ in Zwolle; absolutely one of the best restaurants in Europe, but you have to book 18 months in advance. Still, there’ve been a lot of cancellations recently by sad little wbankers who can’t afford it anymore.

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    Originally posted by Svalbaard View Post
    Having had the misfortune to accidently watch this carcrash of a TV programme I will assume that nobody actually pays these pituary retards to take part?

How sad, low and lacking in esteem must your life be to apply for this programme.

That said however, I'd play the non-sporting card, try to end up going last and serve the pretentious muppets:

Starter - Toast en beurre.
    Main - Pescados e fritos.
    Desert - Butterscotch a la arsenic (my own modern classic).
    Good tactic. Has one, fairly fundamental flaw from a "getting away with it" point of view though....

Leave a comment:

• Svalbaard
    replied

That said however, I'd play the non-sporting card, try to end up going last and serve the pretentious muppets:

Starter - Toast en beurre.
    Main - Pescados e fritos.
    Desert - Butterscotch a la arsenic (my own modern classic).

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    It was some kind of cream and fruit creation that looked like a used sanitary towel but actually tasted alright. Mind you, by then my appetite was pretty buggered anyway.
    If you can be arsed, it would be amusing seeing all of your comments in one cohesive restaurant review - on whatever the NL equiv of london-eating is...

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    What was pud? Chef's special dumplings with a sticky frothy sauce?
    It was some kind of cream and fruit creation that looked like a used sanitary towel but actually tasted alright. Mind you, by then my appetite was pretty buggered anyway.

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    I don't believe it does. I'd still have to pay for the satisfactory dishes and I can't be bothered arguing the point before I've had my pud.
    What was pud? Chef's special dumplings with a sticky frothy sauce?

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    I know you are in the UK (provided you can prove you were able to pay) but does that apply in NL too?
    I don't believe it does. I'd still have to pay for the satisfactory dishes and I can't be bothered arguing the point before I've had my pud.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    I would have just left, you would have been perfectly within your rights to do so.
    I know you are in the UK (provided you can prove you were able to pay) but does that apply in NL too?

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    I just said give me my pud and leave me alone. I can’t be bothered fighting with these tossers. Paid, no tip, left.
    I would have just left, you would have been perfectly within your rights to do so.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    I should add if the chef came out and gave me an earful, I would have told him to shove his menu where the sun doesn't shine and have left the restaurant.
    I just said give me my pud and leave me alone. I can’t be bothered fighting with these tossers. Paid, no tip, left.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Have already done so; Bokkepruik in Hardenberg, eastern NL.

I should add if the chef came out and gave me an earful, I would have told him to shove his menu where the sun doesn't shine and have left the restaurant.

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    you're too quick for me - if I'm ever in eastern NL I will avoid!

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Come on - name and shame.
    Have already done so; Bokkepruik in Hardenberg, eastern NL.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X