• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Electric razors

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Electric razors"

Collapse

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by tim123 View Post
    Thought the same myself.

Given that the first one I bought in 1970 something cost around 20 quid they ought to be given away with Cornflakes by now

tim
    I did buy a Tesco Value electric shaver recently, cost about £3.25. Only Value thing I've bought for a long time! It's not great but it works. I just got it for the glovebox for times when I arrive at the airport and then remember that I wanted to shave.

So I suppose that is the real price for a basic electric shaver.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    They used to work, now they don't. Odd.
    No surprise really. Have you seen the prices of Gillette razor blades recently? Proof that monopolistic pricing isn't good for the consumer.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    http://www.electrolysisformen.com/

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    They used to work, now they don't. Odd.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I love my power fusion!
    I love my beard!

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
    Dunno. They are useless and no matter how much you pay you never get a decent shave.

Disposable Wilkinson's Sword for me.
    I love my power fusion!

Leave a comment:

• BrowneIssue
    replied
    And why does anyone pay £200+ for a shaver?

This thing is £244 and is too big to take on holiday. What's the point of that? It's even on a "BUY NOW, PAY 6 Months LATER" offer, FFS!

The Philips Arcitec RQ1095, "* Save Over £5.00 *" (like, wow) at £243.69
    * Arcitec combines flex and pivot action
    So it wobbles.

* Unique flex and pivot action
    Repeating features? That's weak.

* Triple track shaving heads providing upto 50% more shaving surface
    Wow! 3 = 2 x 1.5. Who'd have thought?

* Ultra slim handle - for easy use.
    So you can't hold it with wet or soapy hands. Great.

* Numeric shaving time display.
    WTF is the point of that? Are we now supposed to shave for 90 seconds, like when we're teeth-brushing?

* LED multi-purpose display - numeric display of remaining shaving minutes.
    FFS, you can hear how much charge there is left in an electric razor as it slows down. What is the point of this feature other than to point out you should have taken the charging stand with you on holiday?

* Plus 4 LEDs cleaning and charging indicators, travel lock and shaving head replacement indicator.
    Repeat the features! Make them sound like there's more!
    'Shaving head replacement indicator'? What, so it tells you when it isn't working? How thick do you need to be to need one of those?

* Luxury Jet Clean system.
    Does that mean you can rinse it under a tap?

* Luxury power pod (charging cassette).
    Bugger. A separate charger. How naff.

* Carbon fibre moulding and luxury lacquer finish.
    Plastic with spray on paint. Classy.

I'm bored now.

I could buy a 2nd hand van for £243, FFS.

Leave a comment:

• tim123
    replied
    Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
    These must be about the only electrical consumer 'gadget' that never comes down in real terms!

The question is, why the **** not?
    Thought the same myself.

Given that the first one I bought in 1970 something cost around 20 quid they ought to be given away with Cornflakes by now

tim

Leave a comment:

• _V_
    replied
    I've stopped washing as it's not environmentally friendly.

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
    Ah, you see that's not environmentally friendly. All that packaging, plastic, metal etc. Still, if you want to open your pores to all sorts of bacteria using a wet shave and razor, go right ahead.
    They use no electricity, do not contain batteries full of cadmium, lead or other toxic metals. I generally tend not to shave in water drawn from my sceptic tank so not overly worried about bacterial infections.

Leave a comment:

• BolshieBastard
    replied
    Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
    Dunno. They are useless and no matter how much you pay you never get a decent shave.

Ah, you see that's not environmentally friendly. All that packaging, plastic, metal etc. Still, if you want to open your pores to all sorts of bacteria using a wet shave and razor, go right ahead.

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BolshieBastard
    started a topic Electric razors

Electric razors

These must be about the only electrical consumer 'gadget' that never comes down in real terms!

The question is, why the **** not?

Working...
X