• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Anyone watching wossy tonight?"

Collapse

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Have either of you watched this show? It’s a late night adult chat show that may on occasion contain some colourful language. He's not Gordon effin' Ramsay FFS.

I find the idea of over zealous censorship far more offensive than anything I might hear on the BBC.

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
    If only she was.

We need moral campaigners more than ever in this day and age.

I may not agree with everything they may campaign about, but they do have some valid points.

At least the Daily Mail still cares enough to campaign.
    Hear Hear!

I used to hate Mary Whitehouse when I was a debauched teenager but now I think she might have had a point.

Woss is a foulmouthed oaf. He devalues the currency of swearing by tossing around Fs and Cs like they are the pennies of the English language rather than the big denominations they are.

There's nothing wrong with swearing in the right context, but Woss (and Brand and similar idiots) use these words very lightly, as an excuse for humour.

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    I see Mary Whitehouse is alive and well
    If only she was.

We need moral campaigners more than ever in this day and age.

I may not agree with everything they may campaign about, but they do have some valid points.

At least the Daily Mail still cares enough to campaign.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    I see Mary Whitehouse is alive and well.

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    It was mostly good fun I thought, even though all the bad swearing was edited out!
    Quite right too.

About time the Controllers of the shows started cleaning up their act.

If "Wossy" can't be trusted to keep it clean, then it befalls to the programme editors to oversee the process, and I positively encourage that.

Even if I didn't watch the show, and don't watch TV in general, I am pleased that we might be seeing a return to more responsible programming.

Leave a comment:

• MPwannadecentincome
    replied
    Welll I used to watch it and watched it again tonight with renewed interest especially after reading the daily mail article which predicted lots of swearing.

It was mostly good fun I thought, even though all the bad swearing was edited out!

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    There's too many 'haters' on this board, if you don't like something then simply don't watch, no need to be so vociferous about it.
    WHS.

I hate all forms of sport, especially football.

Oh wait, I see what you mean.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    I think JR is quite a funny guy, but I don't really like the persona he uses on his show. He did an interview on Chris Moyles' show a little while ago and was just a fairly normal, quite funny guy.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
    P.S. I also like Jeremy Clarkson. Now that's going to make me unpopular I'm sure
    On a board full of Tory-loving, climate change-denying, arrogant contractors? Who do you think buys his books?

Leave a comment:

• FSM with Cheddar
    replied
    I'm watching it right now.

It's good to see him back.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    There's too many 'haters' on this board, if you don't like something then simply don't watch, no need to be so vociferous about it.

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
    Well I like him.

Shame he'll have to tone down his humour this time round.

I would have enjoyed him taking the tulip out of Tom Cruise.

P.S. I also like Jeremy Clarkson. Now that's going to make me unpopular I'm sure
    Why do you like Clarkeson? Have you ever met him and had a conversation with him and somehow concluded that was not a spoiled brat and a complete oaf?

Leave a comment:

• SantaClaus
    replied
    Well I like him.

Shame he'll have to tone down his humour this time round.

I would have enjoyed him taking the tulip out of Tom Cruise.

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
    Yes indeed Bogey, it's a classic.
    Certainly is.

Don't you have better things to do than go online killing people?

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    Yes indeed Bogey, it's a classic.

I don't play WoW anymore however. After 3 years I got fed up with it. the guild is still going strong however, and in to our 3rd year.

I'm playing DDO with friends which is a lot more enjoyable.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X