• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "I don't know about you, but...."

Collapse

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by sunnysan View Post
    I think he is achieving what he set out to do and the financial problems are only making his job easier.
    Now that IS scary

Leave a comment:

• sunnysan
    replied
    Stupid

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    I do. Very much so.

They are leaving.
    But those in the public sector are staying.
    And those living on benefits are staying.
    And those who want to live on our benefits are coming.

We're heading toward being a nation where everyone depends on public sector wages or benefits, and nobody is generating the money to pay them. That shows just how stupid Gordon Brown is. He really is.
    Not really stupid, the man is a closet totalitarian, uber-communist control freak.

In the "guise" of helping, he is taking control of all aspects of society so he can manipulate the electorate with it.

I think he is achieving what he set out to do and the financial problems are only making his job easier.

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    I've no sympathy for people that vote mindlessly for a party that has been screwing our pensions since 1997, allowing unlimited immigration and spending billions with no regard to the burden on the taxpayer. Remember, the Tories would be worse !! If only I had a penny for every time I have heard that.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by Solidec View Post
    Am surprised he hasnt abolished the tax relief on landlords rent which is offset against mortgage interest. It seems like a huge neon flashing target for a smash'n'grab by El Gordo.
    I think I suggested that about a year ago. But it seems the bastard scot doesn't read this forum. Do you? You bastard.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by Solidec View Post
    Is nobody else concerned about the longterm health of the wealth creating population of this country?
    I do. Very much so.

They are leaving.
    But those in the public sector are staying.
    And those living on benefits are staying.
    And those who want to live on our benefits are coming.

We're heading toward being a nation where everyone depends on public sector wages or benefits, and nobody is generating the money to pay them. That shows just how stupid Gordon Brown is. He really is.

Leave a comment:

• Solidec
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Did that. Problem is now, you have to put your money somewhere safe, and I don't reckon there's anywhere safe from Gordon doing a cash grab from those that have to give to the bankers.

Don't worry, he won't nick your Post Office savings or your Aygo sasguru.
    Am surprised he hasnt abolished the tax relief on landlords rent which is offset against mortgage interest. It seems like a huge neon flashing target for a smash'n'grab by El Gordo.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Identify the bubble, buy loads of BTL and sell at the right time.
    HTH
    Did that. Problem is now, you have to put your money somewhere safe, and I don't reckon there's anywhere safe from Gordon doing a cash grab from those that have to give to the bankers.

Don't worry, he won't nick your Post Office savings or your Aygo sasguru.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    HTH
    The only BTL I could afford a few years ago had bacon and lettuce on them

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    HTH
    Identifying the start of the property cycle is not too difficult. As there is a period of flat prices.

But how does one identify when to sell? I know someone who sold in 1998 thinking that was the top!

Leave a comment:

• Solidec
    replied
    HTH
    Valid strategy for the individual, not the entire flock! Same goes for spending I guess, which is why we almost rely on the feckless to keep the economy turning over.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    What are you supposed to do, even if you do recognise it ?
    Loads on here said 'dont get a mortgage , dont borrow, rip up your credit cards' - which was good advice.

we are the little people, what more could we have done ? do tell
    HTH

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Are you AtW in disguise?
    It's doesn't take a rocket scientist to identify a classic bubble, does it?
    What are you supposed to do, even if you do recognise it ?
    Loads on here said 'dont get a mortgage , dont borrow, rip up your credit cards' - which was good advice.

we are the little people, what more could we have done ? do tell

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
    The reason why I am scare is because I will now owe the Govt. in excess of £30k. If I ever decide to have children, they will also owe the Govt. £30k. It isn't right that the Govt. is bailing out the Banks for bad decissions that they made. I believe that the BoE should take ownership of these banks and delist them from the Stock Market or shut them down completely and ban the Directors from owning or running a business in the UK for the rest of their lives.
    £58K reported at the last count, not sure what this will rise to with the latest QE (money-printing) announcements.

I don't think everyone has fully grasped how deeply in debt Gordon and the Labour party have put us.

Leave a comment:

• Solidec
    replied
    Is nobody else concerned about the longterm health of the wealth creating population of this country?

Higher taxes for years to come mean hardworking, taxpaying folk will have less and less children as the cost to raise them and pay down mortgages/rent, bills etc becomes prohibitively TAXING!

This in turn will mean less and less wealth generating young people entering the private sector, in turn less tax revenues and slower economic growth.

In the meantime, the welfare dependant spawn at an unchecked rate, further skewing the pie with even more tax revenue required to suppoort the welfare claimants 4+ children.

I DESPAIR

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded View Post
    So it's not like you weren't warned, and that was many years ago now.
    Are you AtW in disguise?
    It's doesn't take a rocket scientist to identify a classic bubble, does it?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X