• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I don't know about you, but....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Are you AtW in disguise?
    It's doesn't take a rocket scientist to identify a classic bubble, does it?
    What are you supposed to do, even if you do recognise it ?
    Loads on here said 'dont get a mortgage , dont borrow, rip up your credit cards' - which was good advice.

we are the little people, what more could we have done ? do tell
    (\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
      What are you supposed to do, even if you do recognise it ?
      Loads on here said 'dont get a mortgage , dont borrow, rip up your credit cards' - which was good advice.

we are the little people, what more could we have done ? do tell
      Identify the bubble, buy loads of BTL and sell at the right time.
      HTH
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

HTH
        Valid strategy for the individual, not the entire flock! Same goes for spending I guess, which is why we almost rely on the feckless to keep the economy turning over.

Comment

HTH
          Identifying the start of the property cycle is not too difficult. As there is a period of flat prices.

But how does one identify when to sell? I know someone who sold in 1998 thinking that was the top!

Comment

HTH
            The only BTL I could afford a few years ago had bacon and lettuce on them

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

HTH
              Did that. Problem is now, you have to put your money somewhere safe, and I don't reckon there's anywhere safe from Gordon doing a cash grab from those that have to give to the bankers.

Don't worry, he won't nick your Post Office savings or your Aygo sasguru.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                Did that. Problem is now, you have to put your money somewhere safe, and I don't reckon there's anywhere safe from Gordon doing a cash grab from those that have to give to the bankers.

Don't worry, he won't nick your Post Office savings or your Aygo sasguru.
                Am surprised he hasnt abolished the tax relief on landlords rent which is offset against mortgage interest. It seems like a huge neon flashing target for a smash'n'grab by El Gordo.

Comment

Originally posted by Solidec View Post
                  Is nobody else concerned about the longterm health of the wealth creating population of this country?
                  I do. Very much so.

They are leaving.
                  But those in the public sector are staying.
                  And those living on benefits are staying.
                  And those who want to live on our benefits are coming.

We're heading toward being a nation where everyone depends on public sector wages or benefits, and nobody is generating the money to pay them. That shows just how stupid Gordon Brown is. He really is.

Comment

Originally posted by Solidec View Post
                    Am surprised he hasnt abolished the tax relief on landlords rent which is offset against mortgage interest. It seems like a huge neon flashing target for a smash'n'grab by El Gordo.
                    I think I suggested that about a year ago. But it seems the bastard scot doesn't read this forum. Do you? You bastard.
                    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

I've no sympathy for people that vote mindlessly for a party that has been screwing our pensions since 1997, allowing unlimited immigration and spending billions with no regard to the burden on the taxpayer. Remember, the Tories would be worse !! If only I had a penny for every time I have heard that.

Comment

Working...
                      X