• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: R.I.P. Tony Hart

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "R.I.P. Tony Hart"

Collapse

• PM-Junkie
    replied
    Originally posted by lightng View Post
    That darn tune is going through my head now!
    hehehehehe - gotcha!!!

Leave a comment:

• PM-Junkie
    replied
    ...and I bet you've all got the tune going through your head now, and won't be able to get rid of it for days

Leave a comment:

• lightng
    replied
    Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
    doo be doo be doo....be doo-doo...be doo-doo doo-doo
    doo-be-doo-be-doo doo-be doo-doo
    be doo be doo doo be doo doo
    etc
    That darn tune is going through my head now!

Leave a comment:

• PM-Junkie
    replied
    doo-be-doo-be-doo doo-be doo-doo
    be doo be doo doo be doo doo
    etc

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Gallery tributes...

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Didn't watch his shows much, but RIP.

Timberwolf (aged 9)

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
    Dear BogeyMan

You are a Star.

Take the rest of the Day Off .

Many Thanks and God Bless (doffs cap)

Alf
    My pleasure Alf.

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
    Dear BogeyMan

You are a Star.

Take the rest of the Day Off .

Many Thanks and God Bless (doffs cap)

Alf

Leave a comment:

• Cheshire Cat
    replied
    Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
    Probably, but chaz will be having a little dance about this.

Sadly missed by all
    Yeah, that chaz eh. What a tw4t.

RIP Tony.
    Last edited by Cheshire Cat; 19 January 2009, 14:19.

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
    I thought the music for Vision On was inspriing - does anybody remember a wonderfully cool relaxed tune featuring a viberaphone - what a wonderful instrument and a great tune.

Also the ditty with the recorders - usually with a tortoise in the background.

Full marks to anybody who can recall the above tunes : perhaps knows its title or where I might hear it again ??

Anyway so long Tony thanks for all those wonderful hours of Vision On.
    It was by the Noveltones and titled 'Left Bank 2'

http://hypem.com/track/731455/The+No...+Gallery+Theme)

Also

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=UcCHRW8G9yY

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    I thought the music for Vision On was inspriing - does anybody remember a wonderfully cool relaxed tune featuring a viberaphone - what a wonderful instrument and a great tune.

Also the ditty with the recorders - usually with a tortoise in the background.

Full marks to anybody who can recall the above tunes : perhaps knows its title or where I might hear it again ??

Anyway so long Tony thanks for all those wonderful hours of Vision On.
    Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 19 January 2009, 11:22.

Leave a comment:

• Chugnut
    replied
    Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
    I'm sure he would have been amused by that description.

Not only was he married with children, he was an officer in the Royal Gurkha Rifles - a regiment not renowned for its effete ways.
    No wonder he was quick on the draw.

Crap gags aside, a very sad piece of news this. Take Hart and Vision On were excellent programmes and bring back fond memories of a carefree and innocent childhood. RIP Tony.

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    I loved Vision On as a kid and I adored Morph.

RIP Tony

Leave a comment:

• strawberrysmoothie
    replied
    Originally posted by eliquant View Post
    "Take Hart" was a classic kids TV art show, I think (not entirely sure) that Nick Park of Wallace & Gromit fame may have had something to do with the making of Morph.

Also I remember that almost every week he had a different, fit and sexy art school hippy chick which gave us kids something to aim for.

I think he was a kind of dandy homosexual who came over as the perfect gentlemen, what is shocking is how fast time flies and how short life is, in a few years time it will be our turn !!!

RIP Tony Hart, your 'Gallery' section of your TV show had the theme tune to The Deer Hunter and that alone should grant you the right into the Kingdom of Heaven.

yeeeeeeahhh ratfans !
    Nick Park owes his Oscars and his entire career to Tony Hart. Morph was the first big animation (i think) Nick Park did. After awhile Morph ended up having his own show just before the news at 5.45.

Personally I don't think they would have a programme in the style of 'take hart' or 'hartbeat' today. Not enough flashy editing and presenters with stupid haircuts. Tony H was a good old fashioned, informative and gentle presentation of childrens TV. He will be missed

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Originally posted by eliquant View Post
    "Take Hart" was a classic kids TV art show, I think (not entirely sure) that Nick Park of Wallace & Gromit fame may have had something to do with the making of Morph.

Also I remember that almost every week he had a different, fit and sexy art school hippy chick which gave us kids something to aim for.

I think he was a kind of dandy homosexual who came over as the perfect gentlemen, what is shocking is how fast time flies and how short life is, in a few years time it will be our turn !!!

RIP Tony Hart, your 'Gallery' section of your TV show had the theme tune to The Deer Hunter and that alone should grant you the right into the Kingdom of Heaven.

yeeeeeeahhh ratfans !
    I'm sure he would have been amused by that description.

Not only was he married with children, he was an officer in the Royal Gurkha Rifles - a regiment not renowned for its effete ways.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X