• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Odd jobs from yesteryear"

Collapse

• Cyberman
    replied
    Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
    Nice

What did it taste of?

Human meat tastes like pork from what I have heard.

Leave a comment:

• KentPhilip
    replied
    Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
    A guy that I used to work with told me how during the Blitz in the war it was his job to go around collecting pieces of meat from bombsites where bodies had been blown apart, burned etc, and he had to collect a certain weight to enable a funeral.... just a pound was required from what I remember.
    Nice

What did it taste of?

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    A guy that I used to work with told me how during the Blitz in the war it was his job to go around collecting pieces of meat from bombsites where bodies had been blown apart, burned etc, and he had to collect a certain weight to enable a funeral.... just a pound was required from what I remember.

Leave a comment:

• Bear
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Others included selling discount cards for restaurents door to door...
    I've done that!

Leave a comment:

• rootsnall
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    I suspect I graduated at about the same time, late 80's. Jobs that kept me afloat included working in a crab processing plant in Cornwall. Worst job I've ever done and I quit after a week.

Others included selling discount cards for restaurents door to door, security guard and motorcycle courier.
    Late 80s here and I did my share of tulip jobs that I still use as motivation when I'm bored tulipless. 12hr night shifts in a bakery and working in an ice cream factory on a production line are the ones I remember with horror.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Seeing as I graduated in a recession, I had to take any job available. I spent two years working as a plastic welder in sewage installations, fitting plastic protective covers to the concrete. In a sewer, ye olde shytte sticks to the concrete, and in dry weather, if the concrete dries out, ye shytte falls off and take great chunks of concrete with it. The plastic linings were intended to prevent the adhesion of turd to the cloacular walls.

It paid very well for a shytte job, and I learnt a valuable lesson; if you want good money, do a job that nobody wants to do; so I became a tester.
    I suspect I graduated at about the same time, late 80's. Jobs that kept me afloat included working in a crab processing plant in Cornwall. Worst job I've ever done and I quit after a week.

Others included selling discount cards for restaurents door to door, security guard and motorcycle courier.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
    Worth considering in the current economic climate.

http://www.divinecaroline.com/article/22277/42618

Note the 5th ad down. Is that how AtW is making his millions?
    Yes sir, out of a real squirrel

Leave a comment:

• zara_backdog
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    I learnt to mount birds a long time ago
    I was a chicken plucker once

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    http://thebothanspy.com/bothanusers/....Odd%20Job.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Seeing as I graduated in a recession, I had to take any job available. I spent two years working as a plastic welder in sewage installations, fitting plastic protective covers to the concrete. In a sewer, ye olde shytte sticks to the concrete, and in dry weather, if the concrete dries out, ye shytte falls off and take great chunks of concrete with it. The plastic linings were intended to prevent the adhesion of turd to the cloacular walls.

It paid very well for a shytte job, and I learnt a valuable lesson; if you want good money, do a job that nobody wants to do; so I became a tester.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    I learnt to mount birds a long time ago

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    started a topic Odd jobs from yesteryear

Odd jobs from yesteryear

Worth considering in the current economic climate.

http://www.divinecaroline.com/article/22277/42618

Note the 5th ad down. Is that how AtW is making his millions?

Working...
X